Software Support Specialist Job
Date: Apr 28, 2013
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition Number: 6369
Location: Denver, CO
About Us: Epicor Software Corporation is a global leader delivering business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail and services industries. With nearly 40 years of experience serving midmarket organizations and divisions of Global 1000 companies, Epicor has more than 33,000 customers in over 150 countries. Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP), point of sale (POS), supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) enable companies to drive increased efficiency and improve profitability. With a history of innovation, industry expertise and passion for excellence, Epicor inspires customers to build lasting competitive advantage. Epicor provides the single point of accountability that local, regional and global businesses demand. The Company’s headquarters are located in California, with offices and affiliates worldwide.
Role Summary/Purpose: Provides product support, problem resolution and training to EPICOR/SPECTRUM's clients.
- Individuals in this position will learn and understand how specific products operate and function and apply their knowledge in providing support to EPICOR/SPECTRUM clients.
* Under direct supervision, representatives will define and/or resolve routine to moderately complex customer problems with designated product line(s) through telephone discussions and written correspondence.
* Simulates or recreates customer problems to resolve user operating difficulties. Discusses problems and inquiries with other more experienced departmental personnel in order to provide technical assistance to clients.
* Communicates customer suggestions for enhancements or identified software anomalies. Documents problems and corrective procedures.
* Works with development personnel to determine appropriate problem resolution.
* Upon achieving necessary level of competency, conducts classroom and on-site training, utilizing predetermined curriculum for basic level classes.
* Depending on product, may perform product testing.
- This position requires a bachelor's degree.
* Must have appropriate technical skills, which could include but are not limited to, knowledge of Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server, and report building.
* Excellent problem solving and database diagnostic skills are required.
* Must have excellent listening skills and speak clearly and concisely and be easily understood.
* Must be service oriented.
* Must be able to teach effectively in a variety of training room settings.
* Must be able to travel and be able to carry light computer equipment, and in some training instances, assist with room set-up.
* Must have good writing and spelling skills with the ability to document technical issues in a clear and effective manner with appropriate detail.
- Some business experience, preferably in Human Resources, Payroll, programming or technical assistance is desirable.
* Consideration may be given to relevant professional level experience as an offset to the formal education requirement.
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segments: Developer, Curriculum, Payroll, System Administrator, Supply, Technology, Education, Finance, Operations