Job Title: Accounting Systems and Data Analyst
Requisition Number: 18001434
Location(s): Austin, TX
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Role Summary / Purpose:
Epicor Software Corp. is seeking a manager to join the accounting team to serve as a business systems and data analyst. They will manage our technology implementations, identify process improvements, create process documentation and serve in a support role for various aspects of our accounting functions. The position is based in Austin, TX.
- Responsible for the development of custom data extracts and reports.
- Maintain Epicor ERP (E10) system entity structure and other system-related Operations processes
- Oversee support and issue resolution for Epicor ERP users
- Maintain user security access for Epicor’s applications
- Coordinate with IT for Accounting and Finance as issues arise
- Helps identify, recommend and implement quality improvement opportunities.
- Partner with IT organization to collaborate on projects that impact the accounting organization
- Support Epicor’s Professional Services team with E10 implementation phases (international), as needed
- Work together with Epicor Business Leads to address key system control gaps and areas of inefficiency
- Manage and respond to E10 system issues (incidents) submitted via ServiceNow tool
- Organize and direct the implementation of change management requests on behalf of accounting users
- Regular status meetings with management (stakeholders) regarding privileged access and critical system issues
- Regular training sessions for E10 user access administrators and IT support; create and maintain Knowledge documents
- Assists on special projects and provides ad hoc reports as needed
- Specific Projects:
- Partner with SOX Compliance team to implement compensating/mitigating controls for high risk areas such as excessive and inappropriate access to Security Manager and superuser groups.
- Develop Super User groups by process track for use by Business Leads and IT troubleshooting (temporary access)
- Work with Product Development team to escalate and track critical changes impacting controls over financial reporting
- Revise, add or rearrange Security Groups and/or Security ID’s to address user access SOD issues, as needed
- Assist the Compliance team with required E10 audit documentation requests
- Clean up “orphan” menu access on system report so that no manual modifications are needed
- Lead in training new users on using Epicor ERP
- Ability to understand financial information flows from various ERP source systems to Hyperion consolidation system
- Bachelor's Degree from a top university with a preference in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology and or related discipline.
- An MBA, CPA, or CMA is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience is required. Experience with multinational corporations is preferred.
- Detailed operating knowledge of E10 programs and configuration (subject matter expert)
- Experience with using and/or implementing software.
- Proficient with MS Office and advanced knowledge with Excel, including power pivot tables
- Experience with Business Intelligence
- Experience with MS SQL Server Database & SQL language is a plus but not a requirement.
- Experience with running queries and setting up reports using Oracle’s Essbase is a plus but not a requirement.
- Experience with self-service ETL/visualization tools (Noetix, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx) is a plus but not a requirement.
- Basic understanding of GAAP and/or financial statement presentation
- Self-starter with demonstrated success in driving positive change in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work independently and with ambiguity; detail-oriented and execution focused.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, highly collaborative.
- Adaptability - Commitment, self-confidence and willingness to embrace change
- Dependability and Reliability - Initiative, consistently meets deadlines, concentration and desires accountability for their work
- Problem Solving - Attention to detail, eager to learn and develop new solutions, persistence in driving improvement, and process driven
- Customer Service Orientation - Consistently meeting and anticipating the needs of internal customers, and respecting others and fostering positive working relationships
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, work under time constraints, meet deadlines and work independently
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.