Job Title: Associate IT Operations Analyst
Requisition Number: 18000570
Location(s): US, Texas, Austin
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Epicor is hiring Entry-Level candidates to join our IT team as a Network Operations Analyst. This role will assist and provide first escalation support in the monitoring, troubleshooting, and support of various Windows (primary) and Linux operating systems, network, storage, databases, utilities, system tools and the hardware on which they reside. Other duties include ongoing maintenance and operation of the data center, server installations, and assisting with logging and documentation of equipment and processes. The candidate would belong to a team of dedicated high-achievers committed to the success of Epicor.
- Conduct systems support activities, such as network and server monitoring, troubleshooting, escalation and resolution
- Perform routine monitoring, administration, repair and maintenance of the products within the managed environments
- Provide correct routing and escalation when situations require
- Communicate status of issues with responsible parties and NOC Management in writing and verbally
- Modify, maintain and update software, such as firmware, drivers, anti-virus and Windows Service Pack updates, performed through a practice of Change Management, Configuration Management and Release Management
- Maintain Service Delivery to meet customer Service Level requirements which includes Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning, data security and recovery, and Production level policies and procedures
- Assist in research/testing/implementation of Monitoring tools
- Prepare and conduct system and programming tests requiring interfacing of hardware and software
- Create and update existing documentation of processes and procedures in support of administration tasks
- Participate in capacity management, expansion and growth planning
- Assist management with development and maintenance of NOC procedures
- Execute daily NOC operations, escalations, ticketing and communications with customers
- Contribute to a positive and cohesive team
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
- Ensure proper transition during shift changes
- Documentation and attention to detail is a must
- Previous IT and Customer Service experience is a plus
- Ability to work on problems of moderate scope, where analysis of situation requires a review of identifiable factors
- Must be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action
- Must have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Must work effectively within a team environment
- Availability to work a rotation of on-call and shift work as needed
- Experience with Service Now
- Experience with VMware, vCenter
- Experience with SolarWinds, Orion
- Experience with Nagios Server Monitoring
- Experience with AppDynamics Application Monitoring
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.