Cloud Reliability Specialist
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
Epicor Software is looking for an Entry-Level admin (or zero-professional-experience tinkerers, recent grads, Cloud enthusiasts, etc!) trying to break their way into an Enterprise IT world by joining my Cloud Reliability team here in the lovely and talented Westlake area of Austin (sponsorship NOT AVAILABLE). We use a mix of Windows and Linux internally and you will get your hands dirty with both - at your own pace too - hooray! We also have a large multi-platform Cloud presence, so you have every opportunity to exercise & develop Cloud skills as well. The tiering on my team allows for rapid growth and expansion of your skillset, and I can provide a clear and direct path to a DevOps, SecOps, or SRE end goal.
- Extensive use of Cloud monitoring platforms (Nagios, SolarWinds, Site24x7) - creating individual monitors for one-off hosts, deploying monitors to similarly configured groups, building dashboards, auditing licensing, creating automation
- Conferencing with a team (or teams!) to triage complex, multifaceted issues during critical incidents; owning Root Cause Analysis operations after the incidents are resolved
- Proactively working to solve potentially catastrophic issues before they start using big picture analysis of stack health and responsiveness to diagnose areas of opportunity and engagement
- Righteously collaborating with internal and customer-facing teams to secure, repair, and build resiliency in the platforms we support
- Basic knowledge of Windows (or Linux) operating system, networking, storage
- Evidence of self-motivation and ability to learn at a rapid pace
- Excellent problem solving/critical thinking abilities, and a willingness to quickly adapt to new environments
- Desire to drink from the magical Bucket of IT Knowledge (+2 against undead)
- A passion for tinkering with new technologies
- Experience with monitoring tools and automation
- Previous IT experience in general, I mean...that sure wouldn't hurt....at all...
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.