Job Title: Configuration Management Specialist, Hardware Sales & Services
Requisition Number: 18001166
Location(s): Austin, TX
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Role Summary / Purpose:
As a Configuration Management Specialist you will help refine processes and grow the capabilities of current systems, driving continuous improvement to meet our needs as a developer of a world class cloud computing service provider. You will be responsible for seamless, rapid and global implementation of components, BOMs, documents, and other product data supporting the business strategies and supply chain requirements. This position will also serve to promote best practices and internal business processes with relation to change management and general PLM functions. We are looking for an individual who is responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must be motivated to work in a data driven environment, have a desire to drive process improvement, and long for the opportunity to analyze systematic issues and implement solutions to challenging problems.
- Work with Supply Chain, Product Development, Engineering, Change Management, Manufacturing, Quality, Program Management, and other supporting functions in order to accurately structure new products and document product changes as part of the product development, continuous improvement, and sustaining engineering processes.
- Act as an advocate of Product Lifecycle Management best practices, methods, and processes
- Interface with all key internal customers and external customers in order to accurately process changes and structure new products
- Provide clear input to the project team on schedule, issues, and deliverables related to product data management
- Drive timely part setup, BOM releases, BOM changes to support new product introduction (NPI) as well as sustaining business
- Participate in continuous process improvements focused on systems, reporting, and data analysis efficiencies
- Complete engineering change orders to units initiated by customer or engineering requirements
- Update folders and files used to manage engineering change orders
- Assume other responsibilities and projects as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Understands product release cycles, pricing, positioning, bundling and packaging
- Understands product life cycles and support models
- Technically oriented to understand the specification of hardware
- Strong time management / prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel (lookups, pivots, advanced formulas)
- 3+ years’ experience in creating and managing BOM’s in high tech or engineering environments
- Demonstrated understanding of BOM hierarchy, including hardware and software components
- Demonstrated understanding of product release cycles as it relates to the creation and change management of parts and BOM structures
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills working in product lifecycle management applications such as ProCAD, Agile, or comparable PLM tools
- Familiar with ERP systems like Oracle, E9 or E10
- Demonstrated experience in process-oriented work
- BA or BS degree in a technical or business related degree
- Proven experience with ProCAD PLM tool
- Direct experience in process documentation/improvement
- Proven ability to work with and influence peers and management and facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.