Job Title: Data Privacy Advisor
Location(s): Austin, TX
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
We are seeking a highly-skilled experienced privacy professional to further develop and lead our global privacy program from both a strategic and operational perspective. As a subject-matter expert on privacy, the successful candidate will report to our General Counsel a Focus will include overall privacy program development and implementation, and privacy risk identification and management, and legal and regulatory compliance.
Further develop and manage Epicor’s privacy program and roadmap
Partner with Epicor’s business units to provide practical, expert advice on privacy issues related to complex business matters, commercial contracts, and to drive compliance with US and global privacy laws and regulations, including GDPR
Partner with Information Security on areas that have both privacy and security implications
Collaborate with external consultants and legal counsel that support Epicor’s privacy needs
Guide and support Epicor’s business units on legal and regulatory requirements related to privacy, and incident response
Monitor and report on federal, state, and international laws and regulations as well as court decisions, industry guidelines, trade journals, and other relevant publications related to privacy
Lead in creating, identifying, implementing, and managing privacy, i, and incident response policies, procedures, and guidance
Respond to individual rights requests such as data access and deletion, and privacy complaints
Support privacy projects; perform Privacy Impact Assessments/Data Protection Impact Assessments; provide Data Processing Agreement contracting support; and facilitate integration of privacy, risk, and compliance requirements into business planning processes, including marketing and new product development
Collaborate with Security and Procurement in the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance monitoring of vendor agreements to ensure privacy requirements and responsibilities are addressed
Participate in the initial diligence, implementation and ongoing compliance monitoring of third party vendors to ensure privacy requirements are met and contractual obligations are honored.
Initiate, facilitate, and promote activities to foster a culture of privacy, and incident response awareness within Epicor
- Bachelor's degree required. (JD and license to practice law not required but a plus).
- CIPP certification strongly preferred
- Five years (or more) experience focusing on privacy, data protection or information management, in, or advising global organizations, working as an attorney or privacy manager/professional.
- Strong knowledge of international privacy laws and regulations required.
- Well-organized and self-directed individual who is "politically savvy" and a team player that can work effectively with individuals that have diverse work styles and approaches.
- Strong process orientation.
- Comfortable receiving and responding to requests on an unplanned basis with a fast response time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, including the ability to effectively communicate with staff members in other functional groups and non-U.S. locations. Additional language skills is a plus.
- Must demonstrate accountability, strong attention to detail and organizational skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, strong initiative, innovation, and creativity in finding solutions.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to influence and partner effectively with all levels of personnel across the organization
- Must have the ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive privacy inquiries, complaints and requests.
- Must have the ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on privacy topics to employee groups, management at all levels of the Company and possibly to the Board and outside organizations.
- Must have ability to grasp complex concepts and systems quickly and express them in understandable ways and terms to business representatives.
- Must have ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner, while balancing the needs of the business with responsible practices related to the collection and use of individual’s personal information.
- Must have the ability to accurately estimate the work, time and resources necessary to complete projects and/or meet deadlines.
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Requisition Number: 19000919
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.