Job Title: Desktop Support Specialist
Requisition Number: 19000190
Location(s): Austin, TX
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Role Summary / Purpose:
To provide outstanding desktop end-user support, world-class customer service, and minimally supervised leadership in a fast-paced environment, for a IT Client Services role for the worldwide HQ of Epicor.
- Provides outstanding customer service to users and executives at all times, with emphasis on being the representation of IT facing the business.
- Displays leadership skills, and ownership of IT interests in the office.
- Repairs and maintains internal technologies including hardware issues and failures, software issues, viruses, errors, installs, repairs, and other issues.
- Responds to normal and high priority client calls (local or remote) fed primarily from work queues in a ticketing system, and uses troubleshooting skills to resolve problem tickets.
- Maintains internal service level agreements and monitors ticket queues.
- Performs desktop and software installations in accordance with corporate standards.
- Responsible for hardware installs, documentation, user training, and other general helpdesk functions.
- Responsible for accountability and maintaining hardware inventory, quarterly PC refresh, new hardware deploys, break/fix, and recovery. Minor support of Polycom video conferencing equipment, projectors, iPhones, and Androids.
- Must be able to take direction, manage priorities, and perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must possess high attention to detail and understand the importance of top-quality customer service with a professional attitude.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 5 or more years of prior desktop support experience preferred.
- Position requires an aptitude for technology, willingness to take on new challenges, and superb customer service skills in a leadership role.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and leave a lasting positive memorable experience.
- Applicant should have Windows desktop experience (XP, 7, and 10) in an active directory environment and expertise with a variety of desktop applications including MS Office and Outlook (all versions).
- Solid desktop, phone and remote user support skills required.
- Proven desktop, laptop, software, and operating system troubleshooting skills required.
- Must have a firm understanding of networking related troubleshooting as it relates to end-user troubleshooting.
- Network+, Server+, CCNA, MCP, or MCSE certification(s) a plus.
- Physical requirements / working conditions:
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must possess manual dexterity and be able to bend, crawl, reach and grasp.
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.