Director, Revenue and Royalty Accounting
We’re here for the hard-working businesses that keep the world turning. They’re the companies who make, deliver, and sell the things we all need. They trust Epicor to help them do business better. Their industries are our industries, and we understand them better than anyone. By working hand-in-hand with our customers, we get to know their business almost as well as they do. Our innovative solution sets are carefully curated to fit their needs and built to respond flexibly to their fast-changing reality. We accelerate every customers’ ambitions, whether to grow and transform, or simply become more productive and effective. That’s what makes us the essential partners for the world’s most essential businesses.
About the Role:
As the Director of Revenue & Royalty Accounting you will report to the CAO and oversee the recognition of revenue and third-party cost of sales for all products and service lines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You will also oversee regular accounting activities, month-end close, and lead financial statement audits, process improvements, and other special projects. The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of GAAP (ASC 606) and reporting requirements. The ability to meet deadlines and flexibility while handling changing priorities are essential in this position.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the financial close process in the areas of Revenue and Royalties – coordinate efforts to maintain schedule while ensuring that required financial data is properly captured, reconciled, documented, and disclosed in accordance with GAAP
- Improve and maintain accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Review and approve accounting transactions, maintain general ledger, and fiscal records
- Develop, train, prioritize, and manage accounting team to meet the company’s needs and objectives
- Manage annual financial statement audits and ensure timely completion
- Work closely with Sales and Legal teams to construct new sales contracts
- Ad hoc financial reporting and analysis, as well as special projects as needed
- Work closely with other business units to identify solutions for process improvement centered around revenue automation tool (RevStream)
- Turn data from source systems into meaningful information
- Coordinate with global offices on revenue issues
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree & CPA required
- 12+ years of progressive corporate accounting leadership experience and/or combined public accounting experience required
- Knowledge and experience with GAAP, monthly close process, and audit facilitation
- Demonstrable experience in managing and coaching teams effectively
- Strong self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a cross-functional team member
- Excellent technology skills required – Ability to quickly learn enterprise accounting software
- Team player with strong analytical skills and attention to detail, and a strong desire to automate and streamline manual processes
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
- Master’s degree
- Mergers and Acquisition diligence and integration experience
- Software as a Service/Technology industry experience
Why you should click apply:
With almost five decades of industry experience, Epicor is the leader in Enterprise Resource Planning. Now is an exciting moment of transformation for our teams as we are well on our way to becoming the cloud vendor of choice. As we work to enable a world of better business through the power of collaboration, you will have all new opportunities for internal mobility, to develop and sharpen your skills, and to work interdepartmentally on a global level. Check out what some of our employees are saying about internal mobility at Epicor here.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join Our Talent Community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.