Manager, Application Security
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the Role:
As the Manager, Application Security you will manage a team of analysts responsible for ensuring the security of Epicor’s hosted, cloud and on-premises products developed for our customers. You will build relationships with our global Product Development teams and create plans to perform application security testing, manual and automated vulnerability assessment scans, code reviews and remediation coordination. You will partner with our Product Development teams to create and maintain product security strategies based upon industry best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- As a hands-on manager, lead a small global team of application security professionals.
- Develop close working relationships with our Product Development teams to ensure full lifecycle security for Epicor’s cloud, hosted and on-premises customer facing software products.
- Develop strategies to ensure Epicor’s products are not only secure by design, but also throughout execution and evolution.
- Plan and manage application security assessments and assist our development teams with creating and executing remediation strategies.
- Plan and manage manual and automated vulnerability assessment scans, code reviews and remediation assistance.
- Participate in software design discussions for upcoming feature enhancements and new products/services, ensuring security best practices are followed in each phase of development and ensuring risks are understood and mitigated in the design choices.
- Identify and remediate weaknesses in our development processes and procedures.
- Provide overall resource/project management for department, including matching people to projects, obtaining needed resources, etc.
- Mange the evaluation, selection and deployment of application security products and services as necessary.
- Provide periodic updates, education and presentations to staff and management on various aspects of application and product security.
What You Need to Succeed:
- 10+ years of overall IT security experience.
- 5+ years of application security experience.
- 5+ years managing a security or development team.
- C#, .Net, WCF, XML, XSLT, JSON and SQL experience.
- Experience performing application security assessments and developing remediation strategies.
- Experience performing manual and automated vulnerability assessment scans and code reviews.
- Understanding of object-oriented development principles.
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
- Experience developing secure cloud applications for Azure and AWS.
- Experience developing ERP applications.
- Experience integrating with E-commerce platforms.
- A working knowledge of credit card payment systems, PA-DSS and PCI-DSS.
- Experience with Jira or similar agile planning, tracking and management tools.
- A working knowledge of integration products (such as Jitterbit).
- Experience with web-based technologies.
- Experience working with REST.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join Our Talent Community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.