Job Title: Manager, Product Management (Hardware Sales & Services)
Requisition Number: 18002499
Location(s): Austin, TX
Epicor Software drives business growth.
We provide flexible, industry‐specific software designed around the needs of our manufacturing, distribution, retail, and service industry customers. More than 40 years of experience with our customers’ unique operational requirements are built into every solution―in the cloud, hosted, or on premises. With this deep understanding of our customers industries, Epicor solutions manage complexity, increase efficiency, and free up resources to enable our customers to focus on growth.
This is a key position directly responsible for contributing to the success of the organization by leading the efforts to design, develop, launch and manage turnkey hardware solutions that complement our software solutions for manufacturing, distribution, retail and services. You will oversee a small team focused on managing the product catalog and managing vendors in our Supply Chain. Your skills and ability to lead profitable development of a well-defined, competitively superior hardware strategy and make that strategy a reality will be your key indicator for success. We are looking for an energetic, creative, and motivated self-starter that has a passion for hardware and innovation with a maniacal focus on our customer experience.
Market Assessment & Vision
· Defines strategic direction and priorities for Epicor Hardware solutions globally for all Epicor product lines including products offered and maintenance models
· Develops deep understanding of the needs of current and target customers through quantitative and qualitative customer research
· Develops an understanding of the marketplace and competitive environment ensuring all offering are market competitive and have a differentiated and compelling value proposition
· Gathering and prioritizing product, service, and customer requirements, defining the solution vision from contract with customers and prospects, industry opinion leaders, related Epicor product groups, Epicor sales and industry research and expertise
· Determine market needs for new hardware from primary and secondary research and present innovative hardware that can be incorporated into Epicor’s software
· Product portfolio, roadmap, innovation index, and all phases of product management for specific products
Service Offering Management
· Determine product lifecycles from vendors and plans for end of life and end of support
· Work closely with procurement to find, price and determine correct support for hardware
· Analyzing potential partner relationships for your products
Go to Market Strategy
· Develops the go-to-market planning and execution, including reference customers, beta programs, sales training, sales materials, and demos
· Manage and execute the hardware release process for all hardware in Epicor and be responsible for on-time release
· Develop, manage and update hardware sales website
· Provides training to sales on new hardware solutions
· Collaborates with other functions leaders (marketing, sales, development, and customer service) to create the content and tools needed to successfully sell, implement and service the product
· Assists in pricing models based on customer value (ROI) analysis, ensuring a minimum gross margin
· Develop a multiyear product road map based on criteria and structure for requirements prioritization
· Provide Sales enablement by communicating the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
· Go-to person for all hardware related questions on technical specification, pricing, positioning, bundling, and costs
· Prioritizing offerings and customer requests by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment
· Acts as technical and operational advisor for assigned products
· Platform P&L Management
· 3-5 years’ product management experience in hardware, preferably with a VAR
· Experience with retail point of sale hardware, server/client hardware, mobile computers, network products
· 3+ Years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience (Required)
· 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (6 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
· Experience with Windows, Windows Server, Windows Mobile, and Linux
· VAR experience strongly preferred
· Experience within a software company is a plus
· Understands product release cycles, pricing, positioning, bundling and packaging
· Understands product life cycles and support models
· Technically oriented to understand the specification of hardware
· Understands the integration challenges between software and hardware
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN –
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.