Job Title: Marketing Manager, Retail Solutions
Requisition Number: 18002235
Location(s): Minneapolis, MN; Austin, TX
About Us: Epicor Software Corporation is a global leader delivering business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail and services industries. With nearly 40 years of experience serving midmarket organizations and divisions of Global 1000 companies, Epicor has more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries. Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP), point of sale (POS), supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) enable companies to drive increased efficiency and improve profitability. With a history of innovation, industry expertise and passion for excellence, Epicor inspires customers to build lasting competitive advantage. Epicor provides the single point of accountability that local, regional and global businesses demand.
America’s field marketing team is seeking a creative, energetic, and highly adaptable Marketing Manager to drive campaign strategy and pipeline support programs for our Retail sector. This role encompasses a variety of marketing projects primarily focused on conceiving and executing targeted programs to drive add-on sales for the Retail group. The role will collaborate with various departments including Sales, Product Marketing, Corporate Marketing, Events, and Communications to develop, establish, implement, maintain, and track strategic campaigns and events. This position reports to the Director, Retail & LBM Field Marketing.
- Set strategic marketing direction and marketing programs for Epicor customers. This strategy must be developed in conjunction with Product and Corporate Marketing.
- Works on programs of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Plan, prepare, execute and measure ROI-oriented marketing activities and programs with limited supervision while working within the broader Epicor brand guidelines and corporate processes. Use strong verbal and written communication skills to design and implement marketing lead generation programs, tools, and guidelines to be used by the customer sales team.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop print and electronic communications, web presence, events, thought leadership, sales support materials, social media and other efforts that align with sales and business goals.
- Create creative, engaging tradeshow experience to increase customer and prospect engagement.
- Provide necessary reporting and measurement to determine the effectiveness of programs.
- Maintain strong relationships with the Customer Account Manager (CAMs) to both understand challenges and to provide detailed messaging and direction for prospecting efforts.
- Work independently and in conjunction with Product Marketing and Corporate Marketing as well as outside vendors to develop engaging content that effectively supports the sales organization in driving pipeline.
- Develop a strong understanding of Epicor’s products and the value they provide to the retail market at large, and within the various verticals served within the retail sector.
- Work closely with Marketing Operations, CAMs and managers, and outside resources to continually improve customer data tools.
- Create consistent communication with marketing leadership and mid-level sales leadership to promote awareness of programs, provide activity updates, and solicit feedback.
- Work with manager/procurement to negotiate contracts and arrangements with outside vendors supplying services or materials in support of marketing programs.
- Determine and manage the marketing budget and deliver marketing activity within agreed budget.
- Monitor industry best practices.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- 7-10 years of experience in marketing, preferably in the software or retail industries and/or with customer marketing and B2B experience
- Strong writing/proofreading skills and positive, high-energy, team-focused attitude are musts
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent, MBA is a plus
- Understanding of and experience with enterprise software solutions including Retail solutions
- Tradeshow management experience
- Ability to research and gather information and interview SMEs, customers, influencers as needed
- Experience with modern marketing strategies and techniques including social communities, thought leadership, content alignment, customer influence, and challenger selling models
- Ability to manage projects from conception to implementation and communicate key milestones as progress is made
- Self-starter who knows when to pull the right people into a project
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and project management skills
- Ability to initiate tasks and work independently with maniacal attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic branding concepts
- Ability to quickly shift gears as needed, without losing equilibrium
- Sales and/or Sales Support experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of current marketing principles and practices
- Marketing automation experience preferred (Marketo)
- Strong data management / CRM experience required (Salesforce.com)
- General business principles
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn technology quickly.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strategic thinking
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with mid-level executives
- Represent company in a professional manner
- Execute and complete multiple projects within tight deadlines and on budget
- Proficiency with business and industry-common technology a must
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.