Job Title: Network Administrator
Requisition Number: 19000159
Location(s): Austin, TX
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Role Summary / Purpose:
The Network Administrator reports to the Sr Manager for Networking & Telecom and is a member of the global Network Team. He or she assists Team members with support, maintenance and optimization of network services, and devices including but limited to: Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Wireless (802.11x) components, Cisco ISE, Cisco ACS as well as other devices. He or she works alongside senior Network Team members to provide logistical support, respond to queries, document changes, and assist with testing, assessment, diagnosis and resolution of network outages and incidents. Under the direct supervision of the Sr Manager for Networking & Telecom, he or she maintains network systems and may configure devices, enable services or respond to end user requests for network status information.
This is a learning role with the expectation that he or she also participates in a regular on-call rotation approximately 1 week every 7 weeks once he or she has had adequate time on the job to learn the environment (~6 to 8 weeks).
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs diagnostics of network issues, provides support for network incidents.
- Updates and maintains network documentation, assigns ip addresses, saves device configurations.
- Configures network devices for new deployments per direction of senior staff, configures replacement network devices from backup configuration files.
- Assists in supporting network servers and internal corporate servers.
- Performs day to day operational tasks such as proactive maintenance, management, monitoring performance, incident and problem management, security, and backup and recovery across the network infrastructure.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Provides timely and accurate response to assigned tasks
- Demonstrates capacity to adapt and learn in a dynamic work environment
- Manages time effectively and responds to requests to work flexible hours
- Is punctual and regularly attends work
- Excellent verbal and electronic communication skills
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Three years experience working as a Support Administrator for a medium to large enterprise with complex technology environments.
- Working knowledge of computer systems, peripherals, and communications equipment.
- Working knowledge of computer networking and cabling infrastructure.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to resolve issues and meet deadlines and maintain SLA’s.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Epicor employees as well as vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to write documentation (Visio, Word) and post info to Confluence.
- Self-motivated to learn and acquire new skills.
- Possesses excellent problem solving skills.
- Has an Active CCNA (any discipline) or is on an active path to acquire a CCNA within 6 months or less of onboarding
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.