Job Title: Payroll Manager
Requisition Number: 18000093
Location(s): Austin, TX
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Role Summary / Purpose:
Managing a team of three, the Payroll Manager is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of payroll. Working from our Austin, Texas office, you would manage the preparation of the bi-weekly payroll for approximately 1,700 employees, using ADP ProBusiness for the US employees and ADP WFN for the Canadian employees.
- Supervision and development of payroll team of three;
- Reviewing data entered into the payroll systems (i.e. processing new hires, updating employee information, addressing terminations, vacations, absences, etc).
- Reviewing preliminary payroll reports and comparing them with timesheets and payroll forms to confirm accuracy.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensuring the timely Issuance of W4’s and completion of the necessary year-end reports.
- Ensuring the completion of statistical reports, statements and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts and submitting them to appropriate departments.
- Responding in a timely and professional manner to questions from employees and department managers regarding payroll, benefits, etc.
- Communicating with impact to management and executive leadership.
- Managing periodic audits (internal, financial and tax authorities).
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Managing tasks related to HR in areas such as benefits administration and termination settlement.
- Maintains payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- A trusted “go-to” manager who can maintain a high level of accuracy, discretion, and confidentiality in the management of financial information.
- Minimum of 10 years of payroll management experience at a mid to large company is mandatory.
- Experience with global payroll operations.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll-related laws across the US and Canada.
- Extensive multi-State payroll processing experience.
- Extensive Knowledge of payroll systems (experience with ADP ProBusiness and ADP’s Canadian WFN is an asset).
- ADP eTime administrator experience.
- Prior system conversion experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office (especially Excel).
- Energy, enthusiasm, personality and a great work ethic.
- Ability to motivate, develop and lead a team.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.