Job Title: Revenue Accounting Manager
Requisition Number: 18001435
Location(s): Austin, TX
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Role Summary / Purpose:
Epicor Software, a leading ERP software provider for small and medium businesses and specialty wholesale and retail operations, is seeking a Revenue Accounting Manager. In this dynamic and fast-paced role, you will have a relationship with the Sales, Legal, and Product leadership teams to help them grow the business while maintaining compliance with revenue policies and procedures. You will assist in the identification of non-standard contracts, which may require revenue adjustments to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with GAAP (ASC 605). You will work with internal customers to resolve revenue inquiries and assist with Epicor’s annual audit. You will also be a key member of Epicor’s effort to implement a revenue automation and compliance solution to meet the new requirements of ASC 606.
- Manage the monthly revenue processes for certain product lines and accounts to ensure revenue is recognized at the appropriate time and management is informed of progress
- Process revenue adjustments (JEs) as needed ensuring all entries are complete, logical, and accurate
- Be self-sufficient at obtaining data from our reporting tools and using this information to review assigned areas and provide analysis to business partners
- Perform and monitor certain tasks within the ERP system to facilitate the monthly revenue processes
- Assist with VSOE and multi-element analysis per ASC 605
- Perform certain SOX compliance activities on a quarterly basis
- Respond to EY inquires and data requests
- Assist with our implementation of the new revenue rules (ASC 606)
- Assist with contract review to ensure proper revenue recognition under current revenue recognition rules
- Assist with pre and post-sales support for revenue recognition. Specifically, working with Sales to ensure deals comply with the accounting rules to maximize revenue
- Provide revenue recognition guidance and training to cross-functional organizations including Sales, Legal, Finance, and Sales Operations.
- Perform accounting research and implementation of new revenue standards.
- Ensure revenue accounting policies are documented and applied consistently on a worldwide basis
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5-7 years experience as revenue accountant or related position
- Strong communication, partnering, and analysis skills
- Knowledge of larger ERP systems and the Quote-to-Cash cycle
- CPA preferred
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.