Senior Content Strategist
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the Role:
The content strategist (CS) is responsible for delivering innovative content design and planning that supports the business requirements, research, and audience insights. The CS is most involved at the outset of a project or campaign but also plays a consultative role throughout the life of the project, validating the execution of the plan to optimize existing or new content.
This role demands curious, creative, and self-motivated individuals to drive strategy and execution. He or she collaborates with and informs the work of internal teams, including copywriters, designers, field/product marketing managers, web developers, and others.
Deliverables vary but can include a content plan, task/gap analysis, content audit, KPI/metrics criteria definition, SEO mapping and alignment, customer journey mapping and content outlines, content performance reporting, and executive or client presentations.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and develop content strategies for field, product, and corporate marketing initiatives. Meet goals of driving significant increases in organic traffic to the brand publishing site resulting in measurable growth across all relevant KPIs
- Proactively identify content needs and propose creative new ways to tell the story, addressing key SEO focus areas and filling content gaps based on competitive analysis and critical review of new business/product initiatives
- Management of content calendar for brand publishing site, channels and plan
- Provide actionable insights, performance-based forecasts, and report against goals
- Support the Sr. Manager, Content Marketing with audits, inventories, workflow analysis, metadata, and competitive analysis
- Collaborate with Corporate (Social, PR, Brand), Web/Digital, and Field Marketing teams to develop activation plan across web, digital media, search and social
What You Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years applicable experience and demonstrated success/ knowledge
- 2+ years of specialized/ industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related fields
- Content writing (required) and marketing to IT sector (highly desirable)
- Able to collaborate and work under pressure in a fast-paced organization and operate with a high degree of autonomy
- Understanding of testing methodology and how that translates into content optimization.
- Experience with SEO/SEM and a general understanding of how to use search insights to drive content improvements
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
Primary nice-to-have skills:
- Passion for emerging media trends and technology, especially social platform products
- Understand the customer journey from Awareness to Decision and design content strategies that span the upper funnel and connect to lead gen.
- Highly creative with a proven ability to develop and manage engaging and original content through different channels
Secondary nice-to-have skills:
- Experience working within the constraints of content management systems (CMS)
- Mentorship skills
- The ability to speak in front of a wide variety of audiences including company executives
Other nice-to-have skills:
- Experience working with and influencing diverse stakeholder groups
- Able to juggle multiple projects and stay on target, budget and deadline
- Scripts and video production experience (highly desirable but not required)
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.