Job Title: Sr. Manager, IT Security Operations
Requisition Number: Req #18001439
Location(s): Austin, TX
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
The Sr. Manager, IT Security Operations is a hands-on management position with responsibility for the following areas of IT Security & Risk Management:
Security Operations : Manage and directly contribute to the deployment and administration of public cloud, datacenter & network security monitoring solutions, including, but not limited to network intrusion detection/prevention systems, firewalls, VPN, content filtering, vulnerability scanning, data loss prevention (DLP) systems, security log aggregation and analysis systems, security event monitoring systems, integrity monitoring systems, configuration monitoring systems, etc.
Incident Response Management: Manage and directly contribute to development, deployment, and administration of the company Incident response program, forensic investigation procedures and identification and remediation of compromised assets across the organization, providing senior leadership with clear and concise details regarding threats and security incidents.
- Manage and directly contributes to the work of the IT Security Operations department to ensure that Epicor is capable of effectively detecting and responding to cyber-attacks and other threats to its data, applications, networks and IT systems.
- Manage and directly contribute to development of IT Security Operations standards, documentation, processes, procedures and best practices.
- Manage and participate in the evaluation, selection, design, development, deployment, testing, and administration of information security applications, systems & devices.
- Manage and participate in IT Security Operations projects and initiatives across the enterprise.
- Work with outside vendors, suppliers, consultants, etc., to procure products & services.
- Manage business relationships with security vendors and service providers.
- Stay current on the latest security threats and vulnerabilities and ensure this information is integrated into operational standards and designs.
- Collaborate with IT Security Engineering to ensure effective security monitoring is implemented for all environments.
- Track open issues and escalate as appropriate to insure operational success.
- Build relationships and partnerships with functional areas across IT and the business units to raise awareness and support for IT Security Operations.
- Coordinate department activities with internal/external technology & business owners/service providers.
- Responsible for administrative management of IT professionals, either as direct reports or sourced – HR administration, salary administration, time reporting, etc.
- Responsible for departmental budget and allocation.
- Provide periodic updates, education and presentations to staff and management on various aspects of IT Security Operations.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- BS or BA degree (preferably in a management or technology related field) or any combination of equivalent education, experience, and formal training that allows the candidate to meet the requirements of the job.
- CISSP and/or relevant SANS/GIAC certifications strongly desired but not required.
- 6 or more years of information technology experience, at least 4 of them in a relevant information security and/or risk management field and 4 years in a management or leadership role.
- Management, organizational and team leadership skills.
- Strong subject matter expertise in the fields of IT security engineering and architecture.
- Ability to manage and coordinate all aspects of department operation under minimal supervision.
- Experience working with public cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure and Google.
- Ability to manage capital and operational budgets for department/projects.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of business and IT staff & management.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.