Sr. Marketing Specialist, Retail Solutions
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the Role:
America’s field marketing team is seeking a creative, energetic, and highly adaptable Sr. Marketing Specialist to launch our new cloud solution into targeted markets by driving campaign strategy and pipeline support programs for our Retail sector. This role encompasses a variety of marketing projects primarily focused on conceiving and executing targeted programs to drive lead flow through the sales funnel. The role will collaborate with various departments including Sales, Product Marketing, Corporate Marketing, Events, and Communications to develop, establish, implement, maintain, and track strategic lead generation initiatives. This position reports to the Director, Retail & LBM Field Marketing.
What You’ll Do:
- Set strategic marketing direction and marketing programs to reach new Retail prospects. This strategy must be developed in conjunction with Product Marketing and Corporate Marketing. As a result, the Sr. Marketing Specialist will need to engage with mid to senior management in both Product Marketing and Corporate Marketing.
- Works on campaigns of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Plan, prepare, execute, and measure ROI-oriented marketing activities and programs with limited supervision while working within the broader Epicor brand guidelines and corporate processes. Use strong verbal and written communication skills to design and implement marketing lead generation programs, tools, and guidelines to be used by the sales team.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop print and electronic communications, web presence, events, thought leadership, sales support materials, social media, and other efforts that align with sales and business goals.
- Maintain strong relationships with the Sales team to both understand challenges and to provide detailed messaging and direction for prospecting efforts.
- Conduct ongoing pipeline analysis to determine marketing support opportunities. Work closely with Sales and Marketing Operations teams to understand lead status and campaign effectiveness, and to continually improve lead flow.
- Work independently and in conjunction with Product Marketing and Corporate Marketing to develop engaging content that effectively supports the sales organization in driving pipeline.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging and content based on qualitative and quantitative customer successes.
- Develop a strong understanding of Epicor’s products and the value they provide to the retail market at large, and within the various verticals served within the retail sector.
- Plan, execute, and measure creative, highly targeted outbound programs for the sales reps.
- Plan and execute account-based marketing campaigns through third party content marketing vendors to drive new leads as well as shorten the sales cycle for those in the sales funnel.
- Provide necessary reporting and measurement to determine the effectiveness of programs. Provide as required metrics associated with marketing programs and jointly work with manager to identify areas to optimize.
- Create consistent communication with marketing leadership and mid-level sales leadership to promote awareness of programs, provide activity updates, and solicit feedback.
- Determine and manage the marketing budget and deliver marketing activity within agreed budget.
- Work with manager/procurement to negotiate contracts and arrangements with outside vendors supplying services or materials in support of marketing programs.
- Obtain all necessary approvals and feedback for proposed plans and budgets before execution of projects. Work closely with members of the Marketing Programs and Corporate Marketing Teams.
What You Need to Succeed:
5-7 years of experience in marketing, preferably in the software industry or with B2B marketing experience
Strong writing/proofreading skills and positive, high-energy, team-focused attitude are musts
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent, MBA is a plus
Understanding of and experience with enterprise software solutions including Retail solutions
Ability to research and gather information and interview SMEs, customers, influencers as needed
Experience with modern marketing strategies and techniques including social communities, thought leadership, content alignment, customer influence, and challenger selling models
Ability to manage projects from conception to implementation and communicate key milestones as progress is made
Tradeshow management experience
Self-starter who knows when to pull the right people into a project
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Strong organizational, prioritization, and project management skills
Ability to initiate tasks and work independently with maniacal attention to detail
Knowledge of basic branding concepts
Ability to quickly shift gears as needed, without losing equilibrium
Sales and/or Sales Support experience strongly preferred
Understanding of current marketing principles and practices
Marketing automation experience preferred (Marketo)
Strong data management / CRM experience required (Salesforce.com)
Additional Skills / Experience That Could Set You Apart:
Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills.
Demonstrated interest and ability to learn technology quickly.
Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Execute and complete multiple projects within tight deadlines and on budget
Proficiency with business and industry-common technology a must
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.