Job Title: Senior Corporate Paralegal / Contracts Administrator
Requisition Number: 180000575
Location(s): US, Texas, Austin
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Based out of the Company’s worldwide global headquarters in Austin Texas, the successful candidate will be an experienced and versatile corporate paralegal who works alongside and with the General Counsel and a global legal team as well as directly with the various business units. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, articulate, high-energy, organized, and able to support cross-functional coordination in a diverse and fluid environment.
- Provide solution-oriented proactive assistance to business unit clients, facilitating their success on a wide variety of worldwide efforts and initiatives, including licensing, OEM arrangements, IP, litigation and claims, compliance, ethics, privacy, data management, etc.
- Draft and assist in negotiation of internal and external legal agreements under the direction of team attorneys and in coordination with business group contacts, including License Agreements, Distribution Agreements, and Marketing Agreements among others.
- Design, Create and implement improvements related to the provision of legal support services within the organization.
- Provide training to business unit members and new employees on relevant and current legal issues as well as company policies, processes and procedures.
- Work together with other legal department members as part of the broader legal team to provide comprehensive legal services to all levels of the business.
- Organize and maintain company’s contracts and company’s corporate governance documents
- Support M&A activities and transactions, including non-disclosures, data rooms, due diligence and post-closing integration and administration
- Assist with the preparation and revision of standard contracts and company policies, including releases, confidentiality agreements and privacy policies, etc.
- Support and drive departmental initiatives, including the new legal support processes, contract programs and templates, and the use of technologies to increase efficiencies
- Develop an electronic filing system with all company contracts and other important documents
- Assist with company’s ethics and compliance programs – e.g. FCPA compliance, code of conduct, whistleblower hotline, etc.
- Organize and maintain board of director materials and assist with legal department’s preparation for board and committee meetings
- Maintain domestic and international subsidiary organization and corporate formalities
- Assist internal and external counsel as well as various business unit clients in customer claims and litigation; assist drafting of resolutions and settlements.
- Project tasks and project management responsibilities, as needed
- Strong computer skills required, including MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Capable and willing to learn other specialized computer programs, with limited training
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent organization and record keeping skills with attention to detail.
- Good Sense of Humor
- Strong work ethic with ability to work with a team and independently
- Ability to prioritize and organize several projects, completing the same in a timely fashion.
- Able to perform administrative duties for other business unit members on an as-needed basis.
- Possess excellent judgment in decision making
- Creative problem solver.
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information appropriately
- Flexible attitude with respect to learning and new projects and learning.
- Takes pride in work with enthusiasm.
- Experience in corporate tax and treasury matters a plus
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience as a paralegal, preferably in a corporate environment
- B.A. or A.A.
- Paralegal Certificate or equivalent
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.