Sr. Data Warehouse Engineer (Program / Analyst)
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
This position is responsible for supporting day-to-day data warehouse operations, maintaining corporate and IT procedures and standards, and data warehouse optimization on a global basis supporting the Epicor Data Analytic Platform (EDAP) for enterprise data warehouse. The Data Warehouse Engineer will be supporting internal data warehouse development and sustainment for the enterprise data warehouse including EDAP DW projects and deployments, support of Epicor international users, and the opportunity to design, develop and implement technology solutions to meet current and future data warehousing and reporting needs.
- Design, develop, and utilize SQL codes, data pipelines, Azure Data Factory and SSIS.
- Perform daily monitoring and administrative tasks for all data warehouse pipelines and packages.
- Optimize data pipelines performance through proactive maintenance.
- Maintain enterprise data warehouse, services, and ETL processes proactively.
- Perform specialized data investigations to support analytics and reporting scenarios.
- Build cross functional relationship with business intelligence teams to understand their requirements and data needs.
- Migrate and/or upgrade data warehouse database platform and versions.
- Participate in the change control process to implement both planned and unplanned migrations through application environments.
- Work closely with application and systems administrators on current production system changes or upgrades.
- Assist Tier 2/3 problem support and change control.
- Assist with the data recovery from system or application crashes.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalence.
- Experience managing mid to large scale database development and sustainment.
- Experience with SQL development, business intelligence tools such as SSIS, SSRS, and dashboards.
- Hands on technical knowledge with Azure Data Factory, Azure DW and Azure cloud solution
- 3-4 years of experience with SQL Server database development and technologies.
- 3 years of experience with Azure Data Warehouse and Azure Data Factory.
- The ideal candidate is expected to stay abreast and incorporate emerging technologies and new design approaches as well as the following skills:
- Strong working knowledge with MS SQL Server technology and SSIS.
- Strong working knowledge with Azure DW and Azure Data Factory.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence and analytics platform.
- Understanding of financial data desired.
- Good communication skills to develop methodology which provides for timely status of the Enterprise Database Warehouse and sets expectations with the business and IT management on quality and timing of DW processes being implemented.
- Good verbal and written skills to develop data warehouse architecture and effectively communicate the benefits to the IT and business when necessary.
- Ability to effectively translate internal customer needs into technical solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- Understand the importance of mission critical information systems.
- Be able to work as a team and interact professionally.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.