Sr. Domestic Tax Manager
We’re here for the hard-working businesses that keep the world turning. They’re the companies who make, deliver, and sell the things we all need. They trust Epicor to help them do business better. Their industries are our industries, and we understand them better than anyone. By working hand-in-hand with our customers, we get to know their business almost as well as they do. Our innovative solution sets are carefully curated to fit their needs and built to respond flexibly to their fast-changing reality. We accelerate every customers’ ambitions, whether to grow and transform, or simply become more productive and effective. That’s what makes us the essential partners for the world’s most essential businesses.
About the Role:
As the company continues to grow, we are looking for smart, hard-working, passionate employees who want to be part of that success story. Our brilliant Tax team is ready for their next teammate. We are looking for a Domestic Senior Tax Manager to join the team out of our Headquarters in Austin, Texas. This is an individual contributor position with leadership and mentorship responsibilities, reporting to the Tax Director.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in preparing/reviewing the quarter-end and year-end tax accounting reporting process. Including researching, documenting positions, manage tax technology solutions to automate, and streamline the tax provision process.
- Assist in the implementation of complex tax projects including reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, post-acquisition tax integration and other key tax initiatives.
- Assist Global Tax Director in partnering with other business functions to identify and implement tax planning opportunities.
- Reviewing the consolidated federal and the separate/combined state income and franchise tax returns for the Company’s U.S. business, including identifying tax filing opportunities which minimize the Company’s cash taxes
- Reviewing of federal and state estimated and extension payments.
- Reviewing the Company’s federal and state R&D tax credits
- Work with internal and external business partners, including external auditors, to plan and execute tax accounting processes.
- Assist in gathering information to support the IRS and state tax audits, including responding to IDRs.
- Develop and build relationships with Corporate Accounting and business units to create an awareness of tax department reporting needs, as well as those of the entire company.
- Ensure that quarterly and annual tax compliance procedures comply with required SOX control objectives.
- Keep current on tax law changes, interpretations that may have impact or implications on the company.
- Mentoring and helping in the development of tax staff.
What You Need to Succeed:
- BS/BA in Accounting
- CPA and MST or equivalent preferred
- 7+ years of public accounting and industry tax experience in high-tech industry
- 5 years of experience preparing worldwide tax provision
- Strong accounting, analytical and tax technical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
- Experience with M&A transactions a plus, both asset and stock deals, specifically tax aspects of purchase accounting
- Experience with Oracle TRCS and OneSource Tax Compliance preferred
- Strong background in tax processes, tax systems and software; experience with Oracle TRCS and OneSource Tax Compliance preferred
Why you should click apply:
With almost five decades of industry experience, Epicor is the leader in Enterprise Resource Planning. Now is an exciting moment of transformation for our teams as we are well on our way to becoming the cloud vendor of choice. As we work to enable a world of better business through the power of collaboration, you will have all new opportunities for internal mobility, to develop and sharpen your skills, and to work interdepartmentally on a global level. Check out what some of our employees are saying about internal mobility at Epicor here.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join Our Talent Community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.