Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location(s): US, Texas, Austin
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
This position is responsible for implementing and supporting services for Epicor’s IT infrastructure. The candidate will be primarily managing servers and server infrastructures running in VMware, Nutanix AHV, and physical installations. The candidate will also complete tasks in SAN storage and backup infrastructures. The individual will participate in small to moderately complex projects, which involve designing and architecting solutions for SaaS hosted customers. Install and manage equipment in co-lo data centers. Additionally, the candidate will provide break/fix support and root cause analysis for service disruptions. Requires the ability to present ideas to peers and management, and act as a contributor to projects. The candidate will be expected to update their manager on project activities and status for escalated issues. This individual will assist with determining technical direction associated with Virtualization, Storage, Backups, and Public Cloud technologies.
- Troubleshoot Windows servers and provide support for escalations of Windows OS related issues.
- Manage virtualized servers in VMware and Nutanix AHV installations using various virtualization platforms (rackmount, blade, hyperconverged).
- Troubleshoot Linux (RHEL) and UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX) servers for OS related issues and provide support for escalation of OS related issues.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for implementation tasks.
- Use available scripting technologies (bash, PowerShell, PowerCLI) to complete tasks in a timely and repeatable fashion.
- Support server hardware from various vendors either in-person or through out-of-band access technologies.
- Manage server infrastructure management tools such as patching and antivirus products.
- Manage user and computer access to Active Directory using various authentication technologies (Kerberos, LDAP/S).
- Materially contribute to multiple concurrent projects with various development and product groups.
- Follow operational policies and procedures for successfully running in a large enterprise environment.
- Clearly document the design, maintenance, and support procedures for routine tasks in order to leverage Tier 2 technical support.
- Must work well with a geographically disperse team. Seeking collaborative team players willing to both learn from as well as train others as the situation dictates.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation and off-hours maintenance windows.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years’ experience desired. Relevant experience or industry certifications may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Windows and Linux server administration techniques.
- Experience in managing virtual servers in VMWare vSphere and Nutanix AHV servers and clusters.
- Experience with managing the interaction between servers and SAN storage using fiber channel and NFS infrastructures.
- Experience with Enterprise backup solutions. Specifically, Veritas Netbackup and Cohesity.
- Recent experience managing infrastructure servers using the Symantec Server Management Suite.
- Recent experience using Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Experience with Active Directory. This includes managing users, computers, group membership, group policies, RBAC.
- Experience with infrastructure services such as DNS, DHCP, PKI certificates.
- Exposure to scripting technologies such as PowerShell, PowerCLI, bash, shell.
- Experience in configuration and management of server infrastructure such as HPE blade enclosures and conventional rack mount servers.
- Experience in racking, cabling, and installing new servers in a co-lo datacenter environment.
- Experience with best practices operating in co-lo data centers.
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Requisition Number: 19001030
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.