Job Title: Tax Manager
Requisition Number: 18001170
Location(s): Austin, TX
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Role Summary / Purpose:
Epicor Software Corporation is seeking a Tax Manager to join their US tax team. This role will provide an opportunity to work on US GAAP provisions for both U.S. domestic corporations and foreign entities; as well as post acquisition quantitative and tax technical analysis. Daily activity will depend on the projects assigned at any given time. The projects will range from: specific calculations for US GAAP income tax provision; data mining and due diligence; tax research; writing memos; and much more. This role will provide exposure to merger and acquisition tax analysis and planning; as well as variety of complex tax issues. The position is based in Austin.
- Preparation of the key components to the worldwide US GAAP provision.
- Perform analyses on large complex data sets and provide insights, hypotheses, and conclusions based upon findings.
- Identify and resolve substantive and procedural tax issues, including the interpretation of statutes and regulations.
- Serve as a technical resource for the tax team and assist with the preparation of memoranda documenting analysis and conclusions.
- Participate in all stages of pending tax planning transactions including entrance and exit strategies for foreign countries.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree from a top university with a preference in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology and or related discipline.
- An MBA, CPA, or CMA is preferred.
- 3 to 6 years of income tax experience, either in public accounting or a multinational entity. .
- A basic understanding of ASC 740 income tax accounting rules.
- Working knowledge of U.S. tax laws, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of U.S. tax laws such as: subpart F; earnings and profits; foreign source income; foreign tax credits; and intercompany pricing is a plus.
- Ability to exhibit strong project management skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated success in driving positive change in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work independently and with ambiguity; detail-oriented and execution focused.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, highly collaborative.
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.