About us: Epicor is one of the world’s leading enterprise software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, The strength of Epicor business solutions lies in a simplified approach to technology, with products and services designed to fit our customers and how they work. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees
This position is responsible for supporting day to day database operations, maintaining corporate and IT procedures and standards, and database performance tuning for EPICOR on a global basis supporting all application. The SQL Server Azure Database Administrator will be supporting internal development and sustainment for internal corporate databases, enterprise data warehouse, and SQL Azure project.
- Perform daily monitoring and administrative tasks for all production databases, mainly Azure SQL
- Participate in the change control process to implement both planned and unplanned migrations through application environments.
- Work closely with application and systems administrators on current production system changes or upgrades.
- Support Enterprise Production Operation staff and create/update procedures on database recovery.
- Upgrade database platform with new DBMS versions.
- Assist in database architecting for database systems development, management, and administration and modeling of business applications.
- Establish database structures and support application development, testing and implementation.
- Tier 2/3 problem support and change control.
- Assist with the data recovery from system or application crashes; Maintain current patches and release enhancements for DB server and assess impact on currently running applications;
- Liaison to the DB vendor for extended problem resolution.
- Optimize database performance through proactive maintenance.
- Perform database tuning, monitoring, and database security administration.
- Ability to manage EDW and services related to
data analytics such as ETL process.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 2 years of progressive experience of Applications Development with Off-the-Shelf, Custom development, Database and Disaster Recovery required;
- Should have minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in Azure Data Factory
- 2-4 years of experience in Business Intelligence, EDW, SQL Server Azure and analytics.
- Minimum 2-4 years of progressive experience in database systems.
- Experience managing mid to large scale database development and sustainment.
- Familiarity with MS environment specifically Azure and .Net.
- Hands on technical knowledge of ETL process.
- Should be flexible to work in nigh shifts on need basis
Degree in Computer Science or equivalence. The Database Administrator will be expected to have at least 2 years of experience with SQL Server database management systems and understand the importance of mission critical information systems. This person is expected to stay abreast and incorporate emerging technologies and new design approaches as well as the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong familiarity with MS SQL Server technology.
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL Azure, Microsoft BI and analytics platform
- Be able to work as a team and interact professionally.
- Good communication skills to develop a methodology which provides for timely status of Database system management and sets expectations with the business and IT management on quality and timing of database being implemented.
- Good verbal and written skills to develop a database system architecture and effectively communicate the benefits to the IT and business when necessary.
We offer a clear career path within the IT, Support function with opportunity for further career advancement into our Consulting and Product Development Teams. At Epicor, you can reach your full potential because growth for you means growth for us.
Apply at jobs.epicor.com!
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.Primary location: Bangalore
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.