IT Support Analyst
Epicor Software Corporation is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
IT Support Analyst works on servers and storage in the Epicor enterprise. He/She receives incidents and tasks via the ticketing system as they are entered by Clients of Epicor. These tasks will be comprised of scheduled work (i.e. installing operating system patches or server firmware updates), as well as break/fix tasks escalated from the Service Desk or NOC teams. He/She takes responsibility for managing tasks in their ticketing queue by either completing the tasks or escalating the tasks to the next tier. Upon successful resolution, he/she finalizes the task according to Epicor’s policies for incident management. Job duties also include recording the problems encountered and techniques used to solve it for future reference.
IT Support Analysts should be capable of solving a variety of problems, including those that may not have standard resolution methods. In such cases, Server Analysts should be able to apply methods based on past experience, in-house knowledge bases, or online resources. This position requires a person who can think ahead to implement proactive measures. Ability to grasp information in several formats, including print, verbal and pictorial representations, is important.
IT Support Analyst must demonstrate excellent technical knowledge with a minimum of three years of IT support experience and be proficient in the following skill sets:
- Completes incidents and tasks according to established service level agreements in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Responsible for communicating with end-users regarding incident updates, phone calls and/or email notification.
- Follows all documented processes and procedures and logs all work performed in a highly detailed and readily reviewable manner in the incident tracking system.
- Responsible for meeting individual and departmental metric goals with regards to incidents and tasks.
- Assists and/or consults with tiered support escalation members to achieve company defined Service Level Agreements or SLAs.
- Creates and maintains documentation based on Epicor standards.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for production hypervisor platforms (VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Provide support for Enterprise applications (patching software, antivirus, monitoring software)
- Support the daily, weekly, and monthly disaster recovery and backup processes.
- Provide support for Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Participate in the monthly server operating system patching cycle.
- Network and VPN trouble shooting skills
- Printer troubleshooting and management
- Perform customer catalog and windows updates periodically
- Upgrading windows and various 3rd party software’s
- Installing, Configuring and Hardening of Windows 2008R2/2012R2/2016 Servers
- Installing, Configuring and Managing AD / DNS Services
- AD Replication monitoring and regular health checks to be performed
- Understanding of file and share permissions
- Configuring and troubleshooting Remote desktop
- Troubleshooting windows performance issues.
- Creating and implementing Group Policies as per standard procedures
- Coordinating with different lines of business with SLA
- Controlled shutdown and restart of services and dependencies
- Console operations - verify system availability
- Knowledge of ITIL process is a plus.
- A minimum of three years’ experience with enterprise server and storage environments.
- Technical proficiency in server operating systems, virtualization platforms, and storage infrastructures.
- Demonstrate ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems in an effective manner.
- Be highly motivated.
- Must be available to work a flexible shift schedule.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to a fast pace and continuously changing environment is required.
- Demonstrate ability to follow, capture, and document all relevant details pertaining to a support issue.
- Ability to think outside the box when diagnosing and troubleshooting issues where documentation may not readily exist.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English is mandatory.
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
- Certifications in operating systems, virtualization, or storage are desired.
- Supporting USA\Canada user experience is additional plus.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join Our Talent Community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.