Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the Role:
As the Software Development Manager, you will have technical ownership of mission-critical systems for the ECM ( Epicor Content Management ) Group that drive the program. You will lead a talented and nimble team of engineers and will define the vision for the program. You will build the team to deliver the vision.
Responsibilities include direct management of a team of 6-8 engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- 3+ years of technical project management experience
- 3+ years of experience managing people, specifically software engineers.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in distributed systems design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements
- Underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Experience with large scale webserver infrastructure
- Experience with .NET, Backbone, Angular Java, Linux/Unix, and other higher-level languages such as Python/Ruby
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join Our Talent Community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.