Software Developer - C#,.NET
Epicor Software Corporation is a global leader delivering inspired business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail, and services industries. With more than 40 years of experience serving small, midmarket and large enterprises, Epicor has more than 20,000 customers in 150 countries. Our mission is to “Be the leading provider of industry-specific business software that drives growth and profitability for our customers”. For further details visit
Epicor is recognized as “visionary” for completing the convergence of multiple ERP products together to create a comprehensive, 100% SOA-based solution. This strategy has enabled Epicor to continually adapt to the latest technologies available, while allowing customers to protect their investment. Utilizing Web services, Epicor helps businesses rapidly respond to change, adjust for growth, and maintain their competitive advantage on a local, regional, or global scale.
Epicor’s India Technology Center (ITC), based in Bangalore, is at the beginning of an exciting and transformative journey.
As an engineer in the Product Engineering team, you will develop and maintain one or more of the Epicor software products. You will be a key member working on new functionality, refactoring, helping design and implement new architecture, fixing defects and addressing customer issues.
- Design, develop, test and release good quality code for new and existing products/applications.
- Participate actively in requirements, design, code and quality reviews.
- Convert requirements into functional and technical specifications for large, complex projects.
- Adhere to the company’s software development processes, design, coding and release management standards, guidelines and processes; suggest and implement improvements.
- Coach and mentor junior members of the product team.
Essential skills and competencies
- 2 to 5 years of hands on software development experience using the following programming languages, tools and frameworks
- C#, .NET
- Hands on experience with
- Microsoft .NET platform including ASP.NET and C#
- Web Applications
- Visual Studio
- WCF and RESTful web services
- Well versed with the use of IDE for development, debugging and testing of code.
- Ability to quickly understand existing codebases; fix defects and implement new requirements.
- Good understanding of object oriented design and design patterns.
- Should have practiced Agile/Scrum based development on complex applications/products across distributed teams. Use of JIRA (or similar tools) is essential.
- Should be detail-oriented with very good problem solving skills.
- Should have very good trouble-shooting and debugging skills on architecturally complex applications/products.
- Experience (stand-alone/client-server & web based) on Windows/iOS/Android platforms.
- Schedule, organize, and complete work in accordance with deadlines and commitments.
- Should be a strong team player; ability to influence and work with multi-cultural teams across time zone.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to comprehend complex scenarios and articulate in simple terms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Computer Science or any related fields), MCA or equivalent
Desirable skills and competencies
- Hands-on development experience in the following technologies.
- C# and OOPS
- WinForms & Web Applications
- DB design and T-SQL development for MS*SQL Server
- WCF and RESTful web services
- Architecture and technical leadership experience is a plus.
- Experience working in ERP, SCM products for Manufacturing, Aged care domain knowledge a plus
We offer a clear career path within the Product Development function with opportunity for further career advancement. Please click here to know more about Epicor life
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.