Application Systems Analyst (Financials) – ERP Software
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
As an Application System Analyst you will support the internal financial processing and reporting systems including Epicor10, iScala and Epicor Enterprise, applications enterprise-wide. You will be involved in a range of activities including support, upgrades, migration, implementations and system administration.
You will primarily support the International Finance Teams in EMEA and Asiapacific but also be involved in the global internal financial systems and associated applications.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Serve as expert for International Financial application systems to meet business’ growing needs.
• Act as one of the primary contacts for support calls escalated to the Application team.
• Perform application configuration, monitoring, and security administration.
• Assist with projects to improve the business process and work to understand the needs of the departments.
• Work closely with database and systems administrators on current production system changes.
• Support Enterprise Production Operation staff and create/update procedures on application recovery.
• Work with 3rd party vendors to achieve support for some applications.
• Upgrade application platform with newer versions when necessary and convert legacy data to new systems.
• Support application development, testing and implementation
• Creating reports and reporting tools to assist the business in Management information.
• Creating tools to assist with Integration to/from other systems to ensure integrity of data flows.
• Good experience of Financial Applications/Administration of applications similar to e.g. Scala, Epicor Enterprise, MS Dynamics, Sage, SAP Business One, Cognos etc
• Experience in information systems development, integration and reporting.
• Knowledge of double entry bookkeeping and accounting practices to solve issues and assist with writing reports.
• Experience of working with large scale information systems and applications with experience of multi-language and multi-currency financial systems
• Familiarity with Microsoft database and reporting tools including SQL skills and Visual Studio etc.
• Advanced Microsoft Office Skills and interactivity with databases
• Technical understanding of Software Development Tools, Testing Methodologies, Application and database performance, web services technology etc.
• Knowledge of Crystal Report or Microsoft Reporting tools with basic VB skills
• Experience in establishing information systems Standards and best practices in high availability and scalability environments.
The ideal person:
• A quick learner who display confidence in their abilities and can present themselves as being self-assured.
• Natural team player who enjoys collaborating with others to get the job done.
• The one to initiate social interaction and readily express their views and opinions.
• Organized and appreciate precision in their work as well as the work of others.
• Can convey technical data information and system design to non-technical staff in Finance and Operations.
• Good English Language skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to work with remote teams using collaboration tools