Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the Role:
In this role, you will lead the product marketing for Epicor’s international business and be responsible for bringing Epicor solutions to market, partnering with Marketing, Sales, Product Management, and third-party partners to achieve business objectives. You serve as the voice of customer within the product organization, translating product deliverables to customer needs. You will be the primary spokesperson for your solutions and must be comfortable with all communication channels including public speaking. You must possess a unique blend of industry experience and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You will craft the messaging and positioning for your products, and drive sales growth and market penetration through the creation of compelling digital content and materials. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with a deep understanding of the business scenarios and challenges faced by distributors in today’s fast-changing, digital economy, and the ability to grasp and align software capabilities with business benefits are crucial. Your responsibilities will include the development and execution of the global market strategy, and the relevant products for specific vertical industry segment.
You must be able to interact with all areas of the company. You will work with Product Management to define and implement a strategy derived from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience, ongoing market research, and your contact with customers and analysts. You will work with sales and marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategic imperatives, helping them understand the product messaging and positioning, business scenarios, key benefits, and target customer. You will work with launch management to ensure organization-wide readiness for launch and successfully build momentum for new solutions.
What You’ll Do:
· Develop product messaging and positioning that differentiates Epicor solutions in the industries we serve
· Understanding and experience launching products, including development of content, aligning sales objectives to marketing plans, and delivery through appropriate channels.
· Ability to deliver and communicate the value proposition of the products and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
· Market and competitive intelligence – be the expert on the size and vitality of your target markets, buyer personas, and buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to consistently defeat them
· Cross-functional collaboration – work closely with colleagues across the organization to prepare for making our sales teams and our customers successful
· Lead a team of product marketers in driving regional product marketing needs, working closely with local customers, product and sales teams.
· Serve as a general manager for your industry/regional/product portfolio, marketing the full package of solutions Epicor offers which compliment your portfolio best. These include relevant services/support, key offerings from partners, add-ons and more.
What You Need to Succeed:
• 3+ years of software product marketing experience, ideally with experience in a field-facing role
• Cross-functional leadership experience, ideally with experience managing virtual teams
• Strong appreciation of business challenges facing customers and the ability to translate customer needs to business value outcomes
• Good knowledge of current marketplace and competition
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, business, or marketing
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills; confident and compelling presenter
• Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties
• Willingness to travel
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, OneNote, Excel), Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
· Experience marketing enterprise software, specifically in areas of ERP, Manufacturing, Retail
· Strong marketing acumen and experience working in many areas of marketing organization for enhanced understanding of how to build pipeline
· Experience in cloud and/or product management role
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.