GL Accountant – Global Software Company
EPICOR…Our Mission: Be the Cloud vendor of choice in the markets we serve.
We are a global $1B technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our visionary, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of over 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
We pride ourselves in working together, our core values and inspiring creativity to deliver software solutions that improve the way companies do business around the globe. Epicor values include passion, teamwork, innovation, excellence, integrity and service. Our values inspire us to be a powerful force in the industry. Together, the diversity of our customers, employees and partners help make us successful and a great place to work.
What you will do:
We are looking for a full time GL Accountant, to join our Finance team in Bratislava, Slovakia.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a software environment and busy Finance Team. This role will manage the responsibilities for the whole accounting function of a legal entity within the Epicor EMEA region. This is a key role for finance and will involve interaction with business operations, senior managers and all members of the finance team on a daily basis.
This position has sole responsibility for accounting for selected countries.
Area’s of responsibilities:
• Enter financial data such as accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, and interdepartmental entries into the ledger
• Perform account analysis to ensure that journal entries and balances are correct
• Gather supporting documentation and perform recordkeeping
• Prepare cash flow statements and resolve outstanding balancing issues
• Support Auditor in conducting internal and external audits
• Assist in tax preparation and filing activities
• Review financial reports to identify and explain variances
• Interface with management in various departments, including engineering, sales operations, IT and legal
Accounts Payable side:
• Review and process AP invoices
• Manage AP close and GL reconciliations
• Organize and gather payment approvals
Accounts Receivable side:
• Review and post AR Invoices
• Process write offs, Exchange rates, credit approvals
• Manage AR close GL reconciliation
The responsibilities described above have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
What you will need to succeed:
• Experience of accounting practices and principals
• University education (Bachelor's or Master’s degree) or equivalent education/experience.
• Fluent in English (B1), both written and spoken.
• Strong Experience with MS applications (Windows OS, Outlook, Excel & Word mainly).
• Team-player, with excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills
• Quick learner, flexible and self-motivated driven individual
• General understanding of finance and/or project accounting
Additional skills and experience that could set you apart:
• experience of working in a software of technology company
• Fluent English (written & spoken) a second European language is an advantage but not essential
• providing and interpreting financial information
• monitoring and interpreting cash flows and forecasting future needs
• researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance
• conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
• managing a company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
• liaising with auditors to ensure annual statutory reporting is completed to schedule
• developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the local tax office
• producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
• Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
Other details regarding the roles:
• Contract Type: Temporary – 2 years Fixed Term Contract
• Hours: Full Time
• Place of work: Bratislava
• Start Date: To be agreed
• Other benefits: Competitive base salary
Why should you apply to Epicor:
Development is high on the agenda at Epicor, so if you're looking for a role with lots of opportunity to gain new skills and become part of an outstanding global team, it's time to talk to Epicor.
For more information, please visit www.epicor.com
Epicor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join Our Talent Community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.