IT Security Analyst – Global Cloud Software Company
Locations: Bratislava, Slovakia
The Analyst, IT Security is assigned to the Security Operations Team and is responsible for preventing, identifying and responding to security incidents which impact both Epicor corporate and customer environments. Analyze event data for patterns of malicious or unwanted activities in the enterprise. Maintain knowledge on the latest intelligence and attack methodologies to take corrective actions during security incidents. Works with management and other personnel, as needed, to identify security needs.
• Proactively protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information stored & processed by and/or in the custody of Epicor Software.
• Monitor, analyze, and react to security alerts, incidents, vulnerability reports from multiple sources (event logging, vulnerability scans, MSSP alerts)
• Review and triage vulnerability findings into manageable reports, provide relevant analysis, suggest mitigations, track remediation, manage scheduled scans, identify gaps and expand scan coverage, and escalate as appropriate.
• Assist Tier 1 and Tier 2 support groups with diagnosing and triaging potential information security incidents, troubleshoot issues related to security controls.
• Participate in the planning and execution of Incident Response activities.
• Help to educate IT staff and end users regarding information security best practices and organizational policy.
• Participate in the development and delivery of IT security standards, processes and playbooks.
• Keep abreast of emerging security threats, attack vectors, industry trends, technologies, products and services.
• Develop and document technical security standards to comply with policies and best practices.
• Conduct technical evaluations of IT systems for compliance with security policies, standards and best practices.
• Support other department initiatives and deliverables as needed.
• BS or BA degree (preferably in a technology related field) or any combination of equivalent education, experience, and formal training that allows the candidate to meet the requirements of the job.
• Security-related certifications strongly desired, but not required. (Security+, CEH, OSCP, GIAC GSEC, CISSP, etc)
• 4 or more years of information technology experience, at least 2 of them in a relevant information security and/or risk management field.
• In depth knowledge of the IT security industry & best practices. Broad knowledge of the IT industry as a whole.
• Strong organizational and teamwork skills.
• Prior information security engineering experience in as many of the following areas a possible:
o Operating system and platform security (Microsoft Windows and Linux required.
o Network security (LAN, WAN, MPLS, VPN).
o Storage Area Network (SAN) security
o Application & System security.
o Cloud, virtual and Software-Defined Network (SDN) security.
o Network, application and next-generation firewalls.
o Intrusion detection & prevention systems.
o Unified threat management systems.
o Digital Loss Prevention (DLP) systems.
o Secure Web Gateway systems.
o Wireless & mobile device security.
o Anti-virus and malware systems.
o Log-monitoring and event management systems.
o Security scanning and vulnerability detection tools.
o Identity & access management systems.
o Directory services (Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, etc.)
o Voice Over IP (VOIP) security.
About Epicor Software:
Our Mission: Be the leading provider of industry-specific business software that drives growth and profitability for our customers.
Epicor itself is a global company that delivers business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries. It has 20,000 customers in over 150 countries.
Epicor is recognized as “visionary” for completing the convergence of multiple ERP products together to create a comprehensive, 100% SOA-based solution. This strategy has enabled Epicor to continually adapt to the latest technologies available, while allowing customers to protect their investment. Utilizing Web services, Epicor helps businesses rapidly respond to change, adjust for growth, and maintain their competitive advantage on a local, regional, or global scale.
With a history of innovation, industry expertise and passion for excellence, Epicor provides the single point of accountability that local, regional, and global business demand.
Epicor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.