IT Security Analyst
Epicor…Our Mission: Be the leading provider of industry-specific business software that drives growth and profitability for our customers.
Epicor Software Corporation is a global leader delivering inspired business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail, and services industries. With over 40 years of experience serving small, midmarket and large enterprises, Epicor has more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries. Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP), retail management software, supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) enable companies to drive increased efficiency and improve profitability.
Epicor is recognized as “visionary” for completing the convergence of multiple ERP products together to create a comprehensive, 100% SOA-based solution. This strategy has enabled Epicor to continually adapt to the latest technologies available, while allowing customers to protect their investment. Utilizing Web services, Epicor helps businesses rapidly respond to change, adjust for growth, and maintain their competitive advantage on a local, regional, or global scale.
With a history of innovation, industry expertise and passion for excellence, Epicor provides the single point of accountability that local, regional, and global business demand.
The IT Security Analyst is responsible for evaluating, developing, designing, testing, implementing, and deploying security devices, systems and infrastructure used to mitigate risk and safeguard the organization’s information assets. Plans, designs and develops security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure. Works with management and other personnel, as needed, to identify security needs.
- Test, document and manage complex enterprise security solutions, systems & infrastructure.
- Undertake analysis for all areas of security technology, including network security, platform security, authentication/authorization systems, identity & access management systems, application security and security infrastructure.
- Participate in the development and delivery of IT security standards, best practices, architectures and systems.
- Identify and remediate security risks, threats and vulnerabilities across networks, systems and applications.
- Proactively protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information stored & processed by and/or in the custody of Epicor Software.
- Work with appropriate technology groups to evaluate, select, install, and configure hardware & software systems to comply with established enterprise security standards and policies.
- Develop technical documentation to support the design, evaluation, selection, installation, and maintenance of security systems.
- Keep abreast of emerging security threats, industry trends, technologies, products and services.
- Develop and document technical security standards to comply with policies and best practices.
- Conduct technical evaluations of IT systems for compliance with security policies, standards and best practices.
- Implements security remediation for non-compliant areas of IT.
- Support other department initiatives and deliverables as needed
- BS or BA degree (preferably in a technology related field) or any combination of equivalent education, experience, and formal training that allows the candidate to meet the requirements of the job.
- Security related certifications strongly desired but not required.
- 4 or more years of information technology experience, at least 2 of them in a relevant information security and/or risk management field.
- In depth knowledge of the IT security industry & best practices. Broad knowledge of the IT industry as a whole.
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills.
- Prior information security engineering experience in as many of the following areas a possible:
- Operating system and platform security (Microsoft Windows and Linux required. Mac OS X, IOS and Android strongly desired).
- Network security (LAN, WAN, MPLS, VPN).
- Storage Area Network (SAN) security
- Application & System security.
- Cloud, virtual and Software-Defined Network (SDN) security.
- Network, application and next-generation firewalls.
- Intrusion detection & prevention systems.
- Unified threat management systems.
- Digital Loss Prevention (DLP) systems.
- Secure Web Gateway systems.
- Wireless & mobile device security.
- Anti-virus and malware systems.
- Log-monitoring and event management systems.
- Security scanning and vulnerability detection tools.
- Identity & access management systems.
- Directory services (Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, etc.)
- Voice Over IP (VOIP) security.
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.