Senior Public Relations Specialist
Locations: Bratislava, Slovakia, Budapest, Hungary West Midlands, or Berkshire, UK
About the Role:
We’re looking for a very strong writer/communicator— a self-starter, able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines—to join the Epicor Corporate Communications team in this Senior PR Specialist position.
Reporting to the Global PR Senior Manager, this role will assist in increasing the company’s visibility in EMEA and APAC through targeted, measurable media relations programs, leveraging traditional as well as contemporary media concepts and tools. Content development including, but not limited to, news releases, contributed articles, blogs, speaking abstracts, and award submissions is a primary focus, in addition to cultivating and nurturing relationships with key media as assigned. This role will help manage EMEA and APAC PR agencies and freelancers processes and projects. All the above will be applied to ensuring Epicor messaging and positioning are clearly articulated and reinforced to drive brand awareness. and create media engagement around our core software solutions.
While software industry experience is desired, experience in public relations is essential. The position is office based and will interact directly with our field marketing, corporate marketing, and sales teams, as well as executive management.
• Day-to-day management of EMEA and APAC PR agencies and freelancers; ensuring the team has access to relevant content and spokespeople as required
• Assist with reviewing content from the PR agencies, and manage approval cycles for assigned communications materials including news releases, contributed articles, executive bios, company backgrounders, media advisories, award and speaker abstracts etc.
• Handle inbound media requests via respective International PR agencies; respond in a timely and effective manner to schedule spokesperson or customer interviews
• Support editorial and content calendar development for EMEA and APAC events and PR content
• Facilitate monthly monitoring for media coverage and reports to be shared with internal stakeholders
• Develop briefing and messaging documents for media and analyst interviews, trade shows and events
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related field
• 3-5 years’ experience in public relations role with a company or agency required, preferably in software/technology industry
• Knowledge of public relations best practices and procedures
• Existing relationships with key media and influencers covering the enterprise software market is a plus
• Self-motivated with a proactive nature reflected in excellent planning, project management, and attention to detail
• Comfortable with ambiguity and a willingness to try new approaches
• Exceptional communication, writing, editing, project and relationship management skills
• Quick learner, must be able to respond to a variety of media and marketing request with tight deadlines
• Strong analytical abilities, plus proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.) required
• Energetic, efficient, resourceful team player with a strong worth ethic and dedication to excellence
• Proven track record developing solid relationships with internal team members and external public
• Position will require some travel (<10%) to events and conferences