Job Title: Hardware Support Specialist
Requisition #: 19000039
Location(s): Austin, TX; Minneapolis, MN; Dublin, CA or Carlsbad, CA
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Responsible for overseeing the on-site installation, servicing, and repair of equipment/systems including evaluation of existing installations for operational efficiencies and potential business risks. Functions as a company liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Identifies, positions, sells, and delivers consulting services for networking and security related topics. Responsible for billing of both T&M and consulting services.
- Provides quality telephone support with a high degree of customer service, product expertise and timeliness
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and oversees repairs of defective equipment
- Performs selected software troubleshooting and repair
- Establishes and maintains effective customer relations
- Resolves issues with maintenance agreements, and presents service offerings
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant product offerings and product support procedures in order to provide accurate solutions to customers
- Documents customer problems/issues as well as troubleshooting steps and resolutions
- Elevates unresolved problems or issues within prescribed timeframes
- May train new employees and conduct phone monitoring sessions for product and customer orientation
- Be able to attain a monthly revenue quota
- Sell and provide consulting services on a regular basis
- Sell/upgrade and install products for the existing customer base
- Generates revenue by charging the customer time and materials for any work not covered by the support agreement
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and analytical ability coupled with strong decision-making skills and willingness to support changing department initiatives.
- Requires an Associate’s Degree in a Technical Field or equivalent experience.
- Requires the ability to troubleshoot and configure various Hardware and Software including but not limited to: Server’s, PC’s, Scanners, Printers, RF and POS equipment, Windows OS, and Linux.
- Requires attention to detail to ensure accuracy at all steps in the process.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills to work effectively with others both inside and outside departmental boundaries, at remote locations and/or outside the company
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team to accomplish departmental goals.
- Requires the ability to listen to and understand customer needs.
- Requires the ability to sell product and services to the existing base.
- Fluent in windows as well as Outlook email.
- Skill to exercise initiative and follow-up regarding issues and work assignment to ensure that department objectives and customer expectations are met in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in using customer service tools sufficient to meet satisfactory level of customer support.
- Judgment sufficient to quickly resolve customer issues and escalate appropriately.
- Requires Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a field customer facing role
- Requires previous experience in driving incremental revenue from sales of added value services
- Experience with Retail Hardware a plus
- Experience within a software company is a plus
At Epicor, we provide industry-recognized, market-leading ERP solutions for vertical markets within Manufacturing, Distribution, and Retail. Epicor solutions manage complexity, increase efficiency, and free up resources to enable our customers to focus on growth. We are seeking an energetic, creative, and motivated self-starter to design, develop, launch and manage turnkey hardware solutions that complement our software solutions. Are you an out of the box thinker? Are you maniacal about customer success? Do you thrive on bringing innovative solutions to customers?
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.