Job Title: Senior Technical Application Specialist (Eagle)
Location(s): Dublin, CA
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the Role:
The Senior Technical Application Specialist is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing diverse issues, combining strong technical and communication skills and advanced business knowledge. Proactively recommends process improvements.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for solutioning escalated issues with minimal supervision and communicates to the customer via phone, email or chat through customer-centric interpersonal skills and providing technical product knowledge.
- Follows procedures to troubleshoot client-server software application issues at the highest level that may involve Microsoft SQL, web servers, credit card payment terminals, network printers, and Android/IOS devices.
- Stays up to date with software updates and/or changes to be able to provide timely and accurate solutions to customers.
- Resolves customer concerns raised during installation, operation, maintenance or compatibility matters.
- Conducts specific performance or functional tests associated with resolving issues.
- Develops processes and techniques to gather, track and triage issues; assess their validity and routes to the appropriate team.
- Ability to recognize trends and patterns between diverse case descriptions and foresee future problems.
- Proactively recommends process and strategy improvements and works with other team members to obtain solutions.
- Contributes and uses department's knowledge base articles and FAQ's.
- Coaches and mentors other team members ensuring consistency and high standards for customer service.
- Specializes in key areas of the software including specific third-party software packages.
- Manage a group of assigned large accounts as key contact. Work with the large account/Premier team.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Must possess strong technical and detailed troubleshooting skills and display a positive attitude in a team environment.
- Ability to take calls in a fast-paced call center environment.
- Ability to multi-task call responsibilities with chat and/or email support and projects as assigned.
- Must be able to learn new concepts quickly and take the initiative to seek out training on new products as needed.
- Networking, Cloud, SAAS and Retail skills helpful.
- Fluent in Windows as well as Outlook Email and Excel.
- Epicor Eagle applications knowledge is required, and a call center background is preferred.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills, detail-oriented self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and analytical ability, strong decision-making skills and willingness to support changing department initiatives.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment where coaching and mentoring is involved.
- Previous experience in an ACD environment preferred.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
This position will have varying 8-hour shifts that cover 4am - 6pm M-F and occasional weekends from 5 am – 5pm. This will also include shifts during many holidays and the ability to be on call as needed. Shifts will be set based upon customer need.
Requisition Number: 20000954
Check out what some of our employees are saying about internal mobility at Epicor here.
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.