Technical Support Analyst – Cloud Services
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
The role of a member of the Epicor Cloud Services team is to manage incidents, changes and problems reported by the hosted customers, attend monitoring alerts and work in accordance to internal Standard Operating Procedures. The day to day tasks may include troubleshooting, investigating system issues, updating ticketing tools, answering emails, telephone calls, updating and following up with customer’s questions and enquiries. Activities may also include updating documentation, testing solutions, developing scripts and fixes, as well as writing / adjusting reports and coordinating issues with other departments.
- Be part of a ‘Global Cloud Service department’, while being an Epicor employee.
- Investigate and analyze reported user’s queries/issues/problems from external customers through to a satisfactory conclusion within the SLA’s that are specific to the customer.
- Ensure that the recommendations/ solutions are in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedures and customer’s system design.
- Update users/customers during the troubleshooting and lifecycle of the issue, ensuring the customer is always up-to-date. Test solutions, scripts and fixes(within parameters provided by the customer management), and co-ordinating issues with other departments.
- Produce necessary documentation of Epicor Cloud Services service’s and users. Coordinate with the customers on solutions to be completed at the customer’s site.
- Prepare and provide execution instructions for the relevant users and customers.
- Issues relating to other software should be recorded and then passed onto other departments.
- Provide training to end users when required.
- Occasionally write reports within guidelines.
- Maintain an audit trail of the actions/steps/testing taken for a specific issue under the ticket number of the action request system.
- Consult with experts outside of department where issues that cannot be solved.
Our Analysts that work in Cloud Services will provide the following Services to our customers. Some experience of these services will be desirable but not essential:
- System Management
- Server and Database Backups
- Database Administration
- Application Maintenance
- User ID Provisioning
- Printer Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- Disaster Recovery
To be a successful Technical Support Analyst the following skills are essential:
- Good knowledge of computer technology (see technology skills list)
- Good verbal communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English language
- Quick Learner
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
- Consulting and/or support experience
Technological skills and experience in some of the following is strongly desirable:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft RDS
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft SQL SSRS, SSAS, SSIS
- Server Side Printing
- File Transfer Protocol [FTP]
- PowerShell scripting
- ERP [Epicor, SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, Infor, Sage or other similar system]
Technological skills and experience in some of the following is desirable:
- Parallels RAS
- Orion Solarwinds
- Amazon Web Services
- VM Backups
- F5 Big IP load balancer
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Portal Guard
- Progress OpenEdge
- T-SQL Scripting
Special Features and Requirements
- The Analysts will be required to work on some weekends and public holidays as assigned by their managers.
- The training period takes 3 months, afterwards is scheduled for a fortnight-period. Includes on the job training, web based trainings, internal trainings, study of historical data material and self-learning
- The Analysts will be expected to study and understand ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework and how it applies to day to day activities
- Training will be provided for Epicor specific technical knowledge and functional knowledge, also Cloud Services Analyst's will be asked to take Epicor certifications on ERP
- In certain occasions the Analyst will be asked to take over tickets and cases from his/her peers when these may not be available to work
In return you can expect a great team environment along with a career path that can take you into other areas of Support or Consulting. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Epicor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.