Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
Responsible for answering incoming technical support requests relating to software or hardware via phone, chat and email in a timely and efficient manner. Documenting each event into our customer relationship management software; seeking guidance from the Technical Support Specialist II or the Customer Service Manager when applicable. Perform root cause analysis and develop checklists for typical problems. Also responsible for replicating customer issues and documenting the steps for replication or for escalation to the development team. Responsible for producing technical documentation such has “How To” guides, “FAQs” or Service Bulletins.
- Accurately record all technical support requests from customers in ServiceNow; provide the caller with accurate information that will resolve the problem; and close the case in ServiceNow.
- Request assistance from a Technical Support Specialist II for problems that cannot be resolved quickly.
- Follow up on open cases, bug tickets and record all call completion information received from the Customer Service Manager or Technical Support Specialist II.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of Informance and Mattec products, SOP’s, service issues, bulletins, and other documentation or information which will assist in the resolution of customer problems.
- Communicate all unusual situations regarding technical and/or partner related problems, to the Customer Service Manager.
- Assist on special projects as assigned.
- Maintain all company issued property and publications in good condition.
- Conduct oneself at all times in a manner beneficial to the company and its reputation, mindful that end user satisfaction with Informance / Mattec equipment and personnel is vital
- Associate degree or equivalent. 4-year college degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years technical support experience in a help desk environment.
- Minimum one-year experience with Windows and/or Server 2008 or higher. Knowledge of IIS, databases, and intermediate networking skills.
- SQL server knowledge, XML and Kepware OPCA experience a plus.
- A+ or MCP certifications a plus but not required
- Strong communication skills, ability to work well with people, and excellent customer service skills
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.