Director of Marketing (Retail Software)
We’re here for the hard-working businesses that keep the world turning. They’re the companies who make, deliver, and sell the things we all need. They trust Epicor to help them do business better. Their industries are our industries, and we understand them better than anyone. By working hand-in-hand with our customers, we get to know their business almost as well as they do. Our innovative solution sets are carefully curated to fit their needs, and built to respond flexibly to their fast-changing reality. We accelerate every customer’s ambitions, whether to grow and transform, or simply become more productive and effective. That’s what makes us the essential partners for the world’s most essential businesses.
About the Role:
America’s industry marketing team is seeking a highly strategic, analytical, creative, and highly adaptable Marketing Director to lead our industry marketing efforts in the retail space.
The Marketing Director will serve as a strategic partner to Sales and Marketing teams to develop, plan and execute marketing campaigns to best address the prospective clientʼs perceived needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Organizes and directs the long-term and short-term strategic marketing efforts to meet both market share and sales goals.
- Defines the marketing strategy and oversees successful planning and execution of marketing programs.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders, including performance marketing, corporate communications, analyst relations, product marketing, product management, sales, and territory development to establish objectives, benchmarks and priorities, and communicate and report on key results, ensuring alignment across the entire sales and marketing organization.
- Drives opportunity development throughout the aligned geography, develops and executes integrated marketing programs to generate qualified sales leads in support of company pipeline, revenue and customer community growth goals.
- Oversees and directs the field marketing staff. Develop and nurture a world-class marketing team that will scale and thrive as the business grows.
- Develops policies, procedures, and processes in consultation with stakeholders to ensure optimal marketing productivity.
- Works collaboratively with performance marketing team to ensure best practices, knowledge sharing, and cross pollination of industry marketing programs.
- Monitors and understands market and industry developments, and adjusts marketing plans accordingly.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree and 11+ years progressive marketing experience with demonstrated success. Master’s degree preferred.
- 6+ years managing and developing multi-discipline teams, preferably across multiple service types
- 5+ years of experience marketing B2B enterprise software / SaaS solutions, preferably in the manufacturing, distribution, or retail industries.
- Proven business thinker with solid strategic skills and capacity to understand the business from a market and P&L perspective.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with peer group of senior and executive leadership in order to achieve goals.
- Ability to develop, present and report on results of marketing plans to executive management.
- Creativity in the development of new marketing strategies, programs and promotions.
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to leverage data to drive strategy and decision-making.
- Possesses the appropriate level of technical/functional expertise and knowledge.
- Sales, customer service and results orientation
- Background or capabilities in people development, growth, and building a results-oriented culture through objectives and coaching.
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
- Proven success building comprehensive marketing plans for a B2B software company
- Understanding and knowledge of the Retail market is highly desirable.
- Thorough, demonstrable understanding of current best practices in demand generation strategies and techniques.
Why You Should Click Apply:
This is an opportunity to join a young and changing marketing team in a leading software company at a time of high growth opportunity – and you will contribute to that growth with highly visible strategic marketing plans that will serve as the foundation of our marketing presence in the wholesale distribution space for years to come. This is a role with high growth opportunity for individuals with strong work ethic, analytical and creative planning skills, excellent communication skills, a willingness to learn, and openness to change.
- Senior Director of Global PR / IR & Communications Austin United States, Dublin United States, Minneapolis United States, Trevose United States, Carlsbad United States
- Senior Product Marketing Manager Minneapolis United States
- Senior Product Marketing Manager Minneapolis United States, Austin United States, Trevose United States
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join Our Talent Community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.