Job Title: Marketing Specialist, Field Marketing - Manufacturing
Requisition Number: 18002320
Location(s): US, Minneapolis
Epicor Software drives business growth.
We provide flexible, industry‐specific software designed around the needs of our manufacturing, manufacturing, retail, and service industry customers. More than 40 years of experience with our customers’ unique operational requirements are built into every solution―in the cloud, hosted, or on premises. With this deep understanding of our customers industries, Epicor solutions manage complexity, increase efficiency, and free up resources to enable our customers to focus on growth.
America’s field marketing team is seeking a creative, energetic, and highly adaptable Marketing Specialist with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong history of relationship building to focus on influencer relations to help improve awareness, drive demand, generate new leads, and support velocity activities for our Manufacturing sector. A new and unique role in the Manufacturing Field Marketing team, this position will focus primarily on key influencers in the Manufacturing space – namely the associations and buying groups which encompass our targeted vertical markets. The role encompasses a variety of marketing projects with more than 50 associations and buying groups as well as select influencers in the market including consultants, partners, analysts, and other large distributors. Working with and through these influencers, the marketing manager will be primarily focused on driving and supporting lead flow through the sales funnel for the Manufacturing group. The role will collaborate with various departments within Epicor and within the aforementioned organizations including Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Product Marketing, Corporate Marketing, Communications, and Product Management to develop, establish, implement, and maintain strategic lead generation and velocity programs designed to help the sales organization generate pipeline in their core target industries. This position reports to the Director, Field Marketing - Manufacturing.
- Develop and maintain, through ongoing outreach efforts, strong relationships with the key contacts within the associations and buying groups targeted by the Manufacturing Sales organization.
- Work with our contacts in select associations and buying groups to develop targeted marketing campaigns into the membership to generate leads for the customer and prospect sales organizations at Epicor.
- Collaborate with sales reps, product marketing, corporate marketing, and field marketing, and business development to drive the development of effective lead nurturing and pipeline support programs for each of the association and buying group campaigns we develop. These can include targeted email nurture tracks, focused ABM campaigns, outbound email and call campaigns, live events, and much more.
- Collaborate with our Field Marketing and Sales teams to drive improvements in trade show strategy for each association and buying group to improve our performance at association and buying group conferences.
- Work closely with Marketing Operations to effectively manage the membership lists of each association and buying group for targeted outbound marketing, nurture, and prospecting programs.
- Support the Senior Director, Channel Sales in his efforts to develop pipeline from Associations, Buying Groups, Consultants, and other parties.
- Maintain strong relationships with the Business Development organization to both understand challenges and to provide detailed messaging and direction for prospecting efforts related to your campaigns.
- In collaboration with Product Marketing, establish and maintain relationships with Marketing departments at key customer organizations to develop collaborative marketing campaigns, leveraging success stories, to generate awareness and drive new leads.
- Develop a strong understanding of Epicor’s products and the value they provide to the wholesale manufacturing market at large, and within the various industries served within wholesale manufacturing.
- Plan, execute, and measure creative, highly targeted outbound programs for the sales reps.
- Work closely with manager and other Field Marketing team members to expand, evolve, and optimize lead nurturing strategy.
- Based on learnings from key influencers, provide recommendations to manager on strategic field marketing direction for marketing programs for Epicor solutions. Collaborate with other Field Marketing group members to help improve inbound marketing, demand generation programs, lead nurturing, and prospect events to ensure progressive messaging through the sales funnel.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Plan, prepare, execute and measure ROI-oriented marketing activities and programs with moderate supervision while working within the broader Epicor brand guidelines and corporate processes.
- Provide necessary reporting and measurement to determine the effectiveness of programs. Provide as required metrics associated with marketing programs and jointly work with manager to identify areas to optimize.
- Provide feedback and participate in reviews of content developed by Product Marketing or Corporate Marketing - print and electronic communications, web presence, events, sales support materials, social media and other efforts that align with sales and business goals.
- Create consistent communication with marketing leadership and mid-level sales leadership to promote awareness of programs, provide activity updates, and solicit feedback
- Work with manager/procurement to negotiate contracts and arrangements with outside vendors supplying services or materials in support of marketing programs.
- Obtain all necessary approvals and feedback for proposed plans and budgets before execution of projects. Work closely with members of the Marketing Programs and Corporate Marketing Teams.
- Determine and manage the marketing budget
- Deliver marketing activity within agreed budget
- Monitor industry best practices
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in marketing, preferably in the software industry or with B2B marketing experience
- Sales and/or Sales Support experience desirable
- Manufacturing knowledge / experience strongly preferred
- Software products and industry experience required
- Understanding of current marketing principles and practices
- Marketing automation experience required (Marketo)
- CRM experience required (Salesforce.com)
- Nurture marketing experience preferred
- General business principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn technology quickly.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strategic thinking
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with mid-level executives
- Represent company in a professional manner
- Execute and complete multiple projects within tight deadlines and on budget
- Proficiency with business and industry-common technology a must
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN -
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.