Job Title: Senior Systems Design Architect, Ship Products
Location(s): Minneapolis, MN
Epicor Software drives business growth.
We provide flexible, industry‐specific software designed around the needs of our manufacturing, distribution, retail, and service industry customers. More than 40 years of experience with our customers’ unique operational requirements are built into every solution―in the cloud, hosted, or on premises. With this deep understanding of our customers industries, Epicor solutions manage complexity, increase efficiency, and free up resources to enable our customers to focus on growth. Epicor Manifest/Quick Ship is the preferred shipping solution for Epicor ERP, Prophet 21 with continued expansion across platforms.
The Senior Systems Design Architect, Ship Products will lead the design effort and technical architecture on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. This role is to design innovative solutions to real market problems for shipping personnel. You will work closely with product and marketing managers, software engineers and quality assurance to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones while maintaining the Epicor Software corporate vision.
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and motivated self-starter that has a passion for business and innovation with the ability to see the bigger picture and design solutions accordingly. This position reports to the Manager of Product Management.
This role will be responsible for designing complete and complex frameworks, systems and products; Conceive system interfaces and business application prototypes and identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses. Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the architecture used across products and systems. Provides multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
- Assess and oversee the technical delivery of high-quality projects for the assigned team’s products.
- Create, document, implement, and oversee the long-term vision, architecture and initiatives of the assigned team’s products.
- Understand this long-term product vision and business needs to define product requirements and product architectural solutions.
- Consult business management team to clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified products and write detailed feature specifications based on requirements.
- Design, maintain and assess deliverables by factoring in performance, maintainability/complexity, market trends, sales value, innovation, system robustness, scalability, and longer-term quality initiatives.
- Understand multiple integration technologies and analyze systems, data and requirements to determine the best method and maintain a cohesive user experience.
- Work with developers and quality assurance to communicate and understand conceptual ideas and designs and continue to improve and refine the products for optimal user experience, functionality and visual design.
- Responsible for installation and upgrade documentation
- Maintains Manifest/Quick Ship demo databases with ERP
- Work with Product Manager in planning and execution of new product releases and maintaining the product roadmap and architectural standards that assure product development projects optionally align with business objectives.
- Define licensing, error messages and product validation policies to deliver products that meet system, sales and usability expectations.
- Act as the product expert on technical and complex systems, current and future product features and long-term vision.
- Work with pre-sales and product management teams in solution demonstrations for both internal and external audiences.
- Flexible hours in order to work closely with development team in India; typically 4 AM – noon or as needed
- Bachelor's degree highly recommended, Computer Science or MIS preferred
- 3+ years supporting logistics applications and integration concepts
- A sound understanding of logistics concepts preferred
- Ability to train others on concepts and strategies
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize multiple group tasks
- Work well under pressure
- Analytical, strong attention to detail
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal relations skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Demonstrated ability in planning, organizing and executing multiple complex projects
- Excellent human relations and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to plan for future industry trends and execute an action plan
- Experience re-engineering complex process and technology workflows
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge, insight and understanding of the logistics industry, from the basics of parcel carriers to complexities of International and HazMat shipping
- Ability to be able to speak up, exert influence to create positive change
- Experience with JIRA, Kanban practices and 2-week scrum
- Full understanding of SQL
- Strong technical expertise
- Moving to a web-based product
- Meeting Epicor cloud requirements
- Analysis for value added functionality
- Software testing and QA
- Understanding HTML and XML data structure
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN –
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.