SQL Server Database Administrator
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our cloud applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware reconfiguration, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Document the company’s database environment
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- 2+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization , using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Using Profiler traces and other tools to find the most frequently run queries
- Must be able to perform on-call services
- Certification as a Database Administrator in Microsoft SQL Server
- Powershell experience/proficiency a plus
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.