Job Title: Business Analyst
Location(s): Monterrey, Mexico
Epicor Software drives business growth.
We provide flexible, industry‐specific software designed around the needs of our manufacturing, distribution, retail, and service industry customers. More than 40 years of experience with our customers’ unique operational requirements are built into every solution―in the cloud, hosted, or on premises. With this deep understanding of our customers industries, Epicor solutions manage complexity, increase efficiency, and free up resources to enable our customers to focus on growth.
Role Summary/Purpose: The Business Systems Analyst's role is to elicit business requirements from customers, record them, prioritize them, and communicate them to development teams. The Analyst then works with those development teams to design the most effective solutions that fit business requirements and budget. Further, the Analyst works with the Product Management team to scope and prioritize enhancements to the base Eclipse system. The Analyst represents the voice of the customer and the voice of the user to development teams.
The ideal Business Systems Analyst candidate would have experience in gathering customer requirements and designing enterprise software for distributors. The candidate should possess strong communication (verbal and written), analytical, and project management skills. The ideal candidate must be a self-directed problem solver with the ability to communicate in both technical and user-friendly ways to accommodate a variety of users. The candidate must be able to deliver quality results while under time constraints.
- Discover and document customer requirements for enterprise software for both specific customers (custom software) and a larger user base (enhancements to base Eclipse).
- Analyze requirements and design solutions to fit those requirements.
- Participate in agile development processes as a Product Owner. Responsibilities include:
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Prioritize user stories
- Review development work
- Demo for internal and external audiences
- Act as the voice of the customer and the user to the development team
- Work with Sales to discover, record, and analyze prospective customer requirements.
- Work with the Product Management group to roll out releases and products for which the Analyst is the subject matter expert.
- Attend annual user’s conference to present session material to end users. Includes preparing session content for presentations and labs.
- Work on Support cases to provide information to Support and to users; determine if a particular feature is functioning as it was designed.
- These positions require some travel. This travel includes the annual user’s conference, as well as periodic site visits to customers or prospects to more effectively gather requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA or Masters in Information Management, Computer Science or Business Administration preferred.
- Experience in Product Management.
- Significant experience with designing analytics software applications.
- Prophet 21 or Eclipse experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of delivering amazing product solutions that help customers succeed.
- Demonstrated experience in critical marketing competencies: Customer/market knowledge and marketing execution required.
- Hands-on experience in strategic planning and business case development.
- Strong analytical skills, financial acumen and strategic business capabilities are required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present project, procedure and status updates and/or proposals to peers and upper levels of management.
- Ability to lead individuals and groups. Effectively utilizes available resources and delegates work to achieve objectives.
- Experience with portfolio management tools, i.e. Accept 360
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.