Manager, Custom Software Development
Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries. Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
Responsible for Custom Programming Services engagements in support of overall business growth and revenue targets. Manage the workflow of projects from customer request to quoting and acceptance, through delivery and billing. Will provide strategic support to the Eclipse Custom Programming team across geographies and ensure seamless high quality delivery of projects. Work closely with Custom Team leads and managers to help the team deliver projects in planned timeframe. First point of escalation for custom projects. Establish and cultivate a culture of continuous learning, continually identifying new ideas with an eye on improving the customer experience and business success metrics. Drive the development and evolution of custom offerings that promote the utilization the custom programming team.
Reporting to Director, Product Development.
· Manage process of quote delivery and acceptance, including customer communication
· Manage seamless delivery of custom projects across multiple Customers
· Create/Evaluate Project Plans and monitor Project progress
· Monitors and communicates internal expectations on key business metrics such as utilization, revenue generation, responsiveness and communication to clients
· Strong Stakeholder management through Reporting and Governance
· Ability to direct technical leads and business analysts for providing clarification of work items to the development resources
· Collaborate effectively with the global teams
· Troubleshoot project issues with and engage appropriate resources as needed
· Proactively work to improve delivery quality, repeatability and on-time delivery of key projects as part of both project work and/or strategic company initiatives
* 4-year Computer Science, Information systems or similar degree or comparable experience
* Willingness to work hours that overlap international teams
* 5+ years’ experience leading a Professional Services or Custom Programming Services team
* Have strong problem solving and negotiation skills in a customer facing environment
* Proven success influencing and working with people effectively across Horizontal (ex: Practices, CoEs) and Vertical (ex: industry) company groups
* Strong Presentation and Communication skills
* Be a self-starter with ability to influence and/or implement tools (Jira, etc.) and processes for efficient delivery of engagements
* Have the ability to work effectively under significant deadline pressure
* Proven success in growing a successful remote deliver capability across multiple geographies
Desirable skills and competencies
* Experience working as a functional consultant for Distribution industries is highly desirable.
* Exposure to ERP implementations in mid-market companies using Epicor Eclipse
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.