Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the Role:
As a SQL DBA Administrator, you will be responsible supporting day to day database operations, maintaining cloud customer databases including performance tuning and monitoring. The Database Administrator will be responsible for support and sustainment for all hosted client databases for the Epicor Prophet 21 product and EPICOR’s hosted customer-facing e-commerce web sites.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform daily monitoring and administrative tasks for all production databases.
- Participate in the change control process to implement both planned and unplanned migrations through application environments.
- Work closely with application and systems administrators on current production system changes or upgrades.
- Support Enterprise Production Operation staff and create/update procedures on database recovery.
- Create and or utilize automated tools for database monitoring.
- Assist in database architecting for database systems development, management, and administration and modeling of business applications.
- Establish database structures and support application development, testing and implementation.
- Assist with the data recovery from system or application crashes; Maintain current patches and release enhancements for DB server and assess impact on currently running applications.
- Optimize database performance through proactive maintenance.
- Perform database tuning, monitoring, and database security administration.
- Experience managing mid to large scale database development and sustainment.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous work with maintaining customer databases in a cloud environment
What You Need to Succeed:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of MS SQL server and Management Studio
- 5 years’ experience or general knowledge in SQL DBA administration
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience evaluating and diagnosing Microsoft SQL performance issues
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Familiarity with MS environment specifically .Net
- Hands on technical knowledge of database monitoring, including database trace tool, building indexes, and creating views.
- SQL Query scripting experience
- Excellent English and customer service skills to effectively communicate changes to the customer base.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join Our Talent Community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.