Job Title: Java Web Developer
Location(s): Monterrey, Mexico
Epicor Software drives business growth.
We provide flexible, industry‐specific software designed around the needs of our manufacturing, distribution, retail, and service industry customers. More than 40 years of experience with our customers’ unique operational requirements are built into every solution―in the cloud, hosted, or on premises. With this deep understanding of our customers industries, Epicor solutions manage complexity, increase efficiency, and free up resources to enable our customers to focus on growth.
Role Summary/Purpose: This position is primarily responsible for supporting our Java based web solutions and projects, maintaining corporate and IT procedures and standards. The IT Java Developer will be supporting existing Java web solutions and developing new Java web solutions as required by the various corporate business unit teams.
- Perform daily support of Java web applications for business reported and other found issues or submitted enhancement requests.
- Participate in the change control process to implement both planned and unplanned application changes.
- Work closely with application teams and DBA systems administrators on current production system changes or upgrades.
- Upgrade Java platform and applications as required, with new Java versions.
- Be responsible for and/or assist in the design, development, unit testing and implementation of customizations and fixes for internal web systems used worldwide.
- Support the maintenance of Automated e-mail Notifications (SQL)
- Support the maintenance of reports on the Report Center (SSRS, SharePoint)
- Support the maintenance of data warehouses
- Elaborate and Document designs and test scenarios
- Document existing and new business processes
- Production Support focused on customer service
- Troubleshooting reported issues as required
- Fluent English.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows Servers.
- At least 4 years of experience in Java Web Application Development.
- Hands on technical knowledge of MVC development.
- Web services knowledge.
- Experience managing mid to large-scale Java solution development projects and sustainment.
- Experience troubleshooting issues in SQL Servers.
- Experience working on implementations of CMS, Intranet and/or Customer Portal websites.
- Experience on Customer Service.
- Experience working in multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience working with distributed teams around the world.
- Experience in technology migrations is a plus.
- In disposition to take meetings in work off hours.
Specialized or technical knowledge required
- Strong experience in following programming languages:
- Java 6 or above
- HTML / XML
- Strong experience in the following JAVA Frameworks.
- Spring MVC or any other.
- Experience using the following web servers and/or tools
- Apache Tomcat, IIS
- Maven, Ant
- SVN, Git
- Eclipse, Netbeans
- Hudson, Jenkins
- Angular JS
- Any experience with Microsoft technologies is a high plus such as:
- .NET project development in Visual Studio (C#, Visual Basic, etc.)
- SQL Server 2008 or above.
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS packages)
- Microsoft SQL Server BI Tools (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Microsoft TFS
- Crystal Reports
- MS Azure
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.