Mgr, SW Development
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the Role:
A software development manager plans, directs, and coordinates all activities related to writing software programs. He must be familiar with all the policies, procedures and technical issues related to software programming. The software development manager is the “go to” man when it comes to software developers. He is also in charge of managing the activities of the software developing team of a company or specific project.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, manage and prepare best software development team.
- Guide, coach and mentor software development engineers.
- Sets attainable goals to team members.
- Ensures appropriate procedures and processes are followed when it comes to software development;
- Provide project management and technical leadership for every aspect of software.
- Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management.
- Supervise architecture plus lead efforts to develop technical roadmap of all projects.
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software.
- Perform closely with Engineers, Developers and Product Management throughout organization to influence product development assisting or improving products.
- Develop relations with existing and prospective internal customers to interpret all individual requirements.
- Supervise resource allocation to assure attainment of apt business and personnel development goals.
- Involve in strategic plans to accomplish technical as well as business with leadership chain, team and with customers.
- Manage multiple projects and execute software development projects from beginning to finish.
- Evaluate projects, develop and update schedules plus supervise project status.
- Collaborate effectively with all team members as well as hold regular team meetings.
What You Need to Succeed:
• Strong understanding of software development lifecycle practices and processes. Hands-on deep practical knowledge of Agile/Scrum is required
• At least 8 years of experience managing technical projects and engineers is required.
• Strong leadership and people management skills are required.
• The ability to build strong collaborative relationships with other functional disciplines within and outside the division is required.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• He must also be familiar with a variety of programming languages, codes and processes.
• He must possess exceptional troubleshooting skills and be able to assess quickly complex programming applications.
• Technology may require software development managers to keep up to date with the latest development software.
• Strong knowledge/experience in software engineering best practices (i.e. OOD, modularity, extensibility, reusability and maintainability)
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
- Agile Scrum certification
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.