Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the Role:
The Network Engineer provides technical expertise and support for new technologies and network applications in response to business needs. The Network Engineer works with internal partners to evaluate and design solutions needed to support the business. This position follows complex design principles and methodology to ensure cost-effective and optimal use of resources and technology collaboration and technical oversight for all network design, implementation, and support at a Tier-2 level.
What You’ll Do:
- Resource must support and collaborate on the development, implementation and administration of processes and procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance of network infrastructure systems and solutions. This requires a team player capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Assisting project planning, system implementations, migrations and upgrades involving all areas of network infrastructure. Such as: LAN/WAN, Firewall, Wireless, Load balancers, Wan Optimization.
- Compile data, generate reports, and provide analysis related to performance of the network infrastructure
- Support networking infrastructure and services in next-generation data centers, providing a highly available data center for high-volume and high-transaction internet hosting and SaaS services
- Follow standards for network infrastructure documentation for all sites and data centers globally.
- Provide day-to-day operational support at a Tier-2 level, for all supported network infrastructures and technologies.
- Participate in on-call rotation and engage team resources as required for ad hoc issues and incident response.
- Good verbal and written communications skills are important for documentation and explanation of the internetwork.
What You Need to Succeed:
- 3+ years of experience with LAN, WAN and Security technologies (highly preferred)
- Demonstrated expertise in several key technology areas, and a strong foundation all network technology infrastructures and systems within EPICOR (switching, routing, firewalls, VPNs, WAN architectures, F5 Load-balancing, and DNS, Wireless, Authentication and management systems)
- English proficiency and effective verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively in all business relationships and various levels of management in a clear and direct manner.
- Fundamental knowledge of VoIP, Video, programming/scripting
- Analytical and complex problem-solving skills; troubleshooting and root cause analysis for system-wide issues, including application issues, network issues and virus mitigation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork traits; adeptness in working in close cooperation with teammates; ability to build solid working relationships across functional boundaries; the capacity to work through difficult issues in an effective, pragmatic fashion and to negotiate with tact and persuasiveness; ability to foster strong vendor and partner relationships.
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and/or Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP) or comparable industry accepted certification or equivalent experience (highly preferred)
- Proven ability to apply existing and new technologies in innovate and creative ways to meet changing and developing business needs
- Proven ability to drive results in oneself and others; ability to manage time, resources, and priorities; develop plans, work through adversity, and consistently meet deadlines and produce effective results
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join Our Talent Community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.