Software QA Developer Automation
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the Role:
Role Summary/Purpose: Under general supervision, develop and perform testing strategies to identify software defects, assist developers in creating software without defects; and perform other related work as necessary.
What You’ll Do:
· Develop application software test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts for black box and white box testing.
· Execute manual and automated unit, system, and regression software tests on time, in a fast-paced software development cycle.
· Attend design review meetings to assist in identifying design issues and programming methods that will improve work productivity and product quality.
· Proofreads specifications and documentation to software corrections and reports discrepancies back to programming.
· Maintains currency and highest level of technical skill in focused areas of expertise
· Communicate with co-workers, quality assurance staff, and documentation staff to clarify results of testing, exchange and verify information, and coordinate work activities.
· Execute software-testing procedures.
· Write automated test scripts based on availability of test tool.
· Assist in the design of new features.
· Teach other department representatives about the functions of new features.
· Document defects in the defect-tracking database.
· Report quality statistics to management.
What You Need to Succeed:
· Three or more years of automated test tools experience (Web and Smart Client).
o Set-up and operate automated test scripts.
o Selenium/Protractor or similar automated testing tools, HTML, CSS
o Test Complete/Smart Bear is a plus
· Three or more years of software testing and/or development experience:
· Knowledge of quality assurance and testing techniques.
· Identify and utilize creative methods and techniques to test software.
· Write basic test plans and scripts.
· Understand and follow specifications and instructions.
· Communicate effectively with co-workers, management and customers.
· Work effectively in a team.
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
· ERP knowledge.
· Agile Methodology knowledge.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.