Epicor software drives business growth.
Companies around the world use Epicor solutions to help them compete and grow. The strength of Epicor business solutions lies in our unique approach to industry functionality and cloud technology, with products and services designed to fit our customers’ needs and how they work. Epicor delivers industry-specific business solutions in the cloud, designed to fit and adapt to our customers’ needs, ease complexity, and drive growth for manufacturing, distribution, retail, and services businesses.
With deep industry capabilities, Epicor solutions promote growth while easing complexity. Our powerful solutions free up resources so that businesses can leap forward and grow profitably. We focus on positive outcomes.
As a Senior Product Manager – Prophet 21, Technology, your responsibilities will include setting the strategic technology and ISV direction for Epicor Prophet 21. You will be the primary person for your solutions and must be comfortable with all communication channels including public speaking. You must possess a unique blend of ERP experience and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time researching markets to understand trends and problems, and find visionary solutions. You will assist in crafting the messaging and positioning for your products, create and maintain the product roadmaps, help determine development priorities, assist with customer escalations and drive sales growth and market penetration. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefits are crucial.
You must be able to interact with all areas of the company. In particular you will work directly with Product Development to define release strategies, priorities and the specific goals and content of each. You will help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience, ongoing market research and your contact with customers and analysts. You will work with product marketing, sales and marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategic imperatives, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Defining strategic direction and priorities for Cloud technology and ISV partnerships.
- Lead the discovery, analysis and recommendation of Cloud technologies for Prophet 21.
- Lead the discovery, analysis and recommendation of potential ISV partner relationships for Prophet 21.
- Product portfolio, roadmap, innovation index, and all phases of product management for Prophet 21 technology, e.g. API’s, Cloud, Mobile
- Develops deep understanding of the needs of current and target customers through quantitative and qualitative customer research
- Gathering and prioritizing product, service, and customer requirements, defining the ISV and Cloud vision from contract with customers and prospects, industry opinion leaders, related Epicor product groups, Epicor sales and industry research and expertise.
- Prioritizing product gaps, ISV offerings, Cloud technologies and customer requests by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment
- Collaborates with other functions leaders (marketing, sales, development, pricing and customer service) to create the content and tools needed to successfully sell, implement and service ISV partner products and Cloud technologies
- Assists in pricing models based on customer value (ROI) analysis
- Develops the go-to-market planning and execution, including reference customers, beta programs, sales training, sales materials, and demos
- Develops an understanding of the marketplace and competitive environment
- Acts as technical and operational advisor for assigned products
- Develop a multiyear technology product road map based on criteria and structure for requirements prioritization
- Assist Product Marketing in the development of positioning and messaging that differentiates distribution products in the industries we serve
- Work with product marketing to provide Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and guide development of the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA or Masters in Information Management, Computer Science or Business Administration preferred.
- 5-10 Years of work experience in Product Management preferably in ERP software related to Wholesale Distribution or supply chain management.
- Experience with Epicor Eclipse or Prophet 21 is a plus.
- Proven track record of delivering amazing product solutions that help customers succeed.
- Demonstrated experience in critical marketing competencies: Customer/market knowledge and strategic planning, and business case development required.
- Strong analytical skills, financial acumen and strategic business capabilities are required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present project, procedure and status updates and/or proposals to peers and upper levels of management.
- Ability to lead individuals and groups, especially in a virtual team environment. Effectively utilizes available resources and delegates work to achieve objectives. Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Pivot Tables, Project) and Microsoft SharePoint.
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.