Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping companies drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers increase efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating daily processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 employees around the world who are passionate about creating exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation and integrity. We strive to recruit and reward star players who inspire each other and drive results for the company and our clients.
About the Role:
The Technical Application Specialist, Sr is responsible for trouble shooting, diagnosing, and repairing diverse issues combining strong technical, communication skills and advanced business knowledge. Proactively recommends process improvements.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for solutioning escalated issues with minimal supervision and communicates to the customer via phone, email or chat through customer-centric interpersonal skills and providing technical product knowledge.
- Follows procedures to troubleshoot client-server software application issues at the highest level that may involve Microsoft SQL, web servers, credit card payment terminals, network printers, and Android/IOS devices.
- Stays up-to-date with software updates and/or changes to be able to provide timely and accurate solutions to customers.
- Resolves customer concerns raised during installation, operation, maintenance, or compatibility matters.
- Conducts specific performance or functional tests associated with resolving issues.
- Develops processes and techniques to gather, track and triage issues; assess their validity and routes to the appropriate team.
- Ability to recognize trends and patterns between diverse case descriptions and foresee future problems.
- Proactively recommends process and strategy improvements and works with other team members to obtain solutions.
- Contributes and uses department's knowledge base articles and FAQ's.
- Coaches and mentors other team members ensuring consistency and high standards for customer service.
- Specializes in key areas of the software including specific third-party software packages.
What You Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years’ experience supporting POS software (Purchasing, Inventory, Logistics, Counter sales, etc.)
- 3+ years supporting enterprise level software (Supporting Client / Server software)
- Experienced in supporting Retail Accounting methodology
- Working Knowledge of Network Protocols, Network Services, Hardware, Applications (Windows/Linux Based), XML, HTML, etc.
- Working Knowledge of Linux command usage
- Working Knowledge of MS Office applications (Especially Excel)
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
- Programming Experience for POS / Mainframe systems (COBOL Language)
- Implementation experience for POS systems
- Experience with Automotive Aftermarket (Catalog, Cores, etc.)
- Experience supporting basic Windows Networking and Printers
- Experience supporting eCommerce Solutions (Business to Business or Business to Consumer)
- SaaS or e-Commerce experience
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join Our Talent Community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.