Job Title: Senior RPG Developer
Requisition Number: 18001398
Location(s): Richmond Hill, ON, Canada
Epicor Software drives business growth.
We provide flexible, industry‐specific software designed around the needs of our manufacturing, distribution, retail, and service industry customers. More than 40 years of experience with our customers’ unique operational requirements are built into every solution―in the cloud, hosted, or on premises. With this deep understanding of our customers’ industries, Epicor solutions manage complexity, increase efficiency, and free up resources to enable our customers to focus on growth.
Role Summary/Purpose: The individual in the Senior RPG Programmer role uses technical skills and programming experience to define and develop solutions to problems and requests of varying difficulty under the general direction of the development manager.
- Assist in the development new product features and enhancements through coding, testing and documenting.
- Develop programs and procedures adhering to established departmental standards and guidelines. Make modifications and changes to existing programs and procedures as required.
- Suggest potential improvements to the processes and techniques used by client programming that will result in improved quality and/or responsiveness for our clients.
- Communicate with co-workers, quality assurance staff, and documentation staff to clarify program design details, exchange and verify information, and coordinate work activities.
- Complete and maintain basic work and project records.
- Educational attainment equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Five or more years of software development, programming and analytical experience.
- Knowledge of IBM i (iSeries, AS/400) DB2 database and RPGLE language (free-form and non-free-form syntax) is a must.
- Knowledge of sub-file programming is a must.
- Knowledge of IBM i (iSeries, AS/400) system programming (OS, system API, sub-system, job description, classes) is an asset.
- Knowledge of ILE environment (service programs, modules, procedures, binding directory) is a must.
- Knowledge of database usage and optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of SQL on iSeries is an asset.
- Knowledge of PRTF attributes, including usage of overlay, is an asset.
- Works effectively in a team.
- Analyzes and recommends solutions to programming issues, defects and bugs as assigned or encountered.
- Schedules, organizes and completes work in accordance with deadlines.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers, quality assurance staff, system users, documentation staff and management.
- Maintains current knowledge of the latest application development technology.
- Checks work for acceptability and conformance with standards.
- ERP software knowledge in Manufacturing/Distribution or Accounting is an asset.
FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/epicor-software-corp
Epicor Software Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
What’s around You
Restaurants, bars, gyms and more. Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby.
Join our talent community
Send Us Your resume/CV
If you prefer, you can email your resume/CV directly to us and we'll contact you if a suitable role arises.